Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerricho Cotchery vs. Mike Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I can't help but feel a little glee watching Wallace become a relative bust in Miami. Great call by the Steelers letting "flipper" go.
    Yep!!! Not a surprise to many.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Last week, NFL Network had a whole segment of Wallace's drops in Miami and how he may be the biggest FA bust of the past off season.
    And all this past off-season I kept hearing about how the Dolphins landed the biggest free-agent prize. What a difference six months makes.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    And all this past off-season I kept hearing about how the Dolphins landed the biggest free-agent prize. What a difference six months makes.
    I know my vote is worthless, but I take Cotchery in the Red Zone every time over Wallace. He's just a better receiver in traffic, bar none. Who would you rather have? some glory boy or some guy who is willing to fight for it. I take the hungry fighter every time. Not the guy with his hand out.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I know my vote is worthless, but I take Cotchery in the Red Zone every time over Wallace. He's just a better receiver in traffic, bar none. Who would you rather have? some glory boy or some guy who is willing to fight for it. I take the hungry fighter every time. Not the guy with his hand out.
    You're preaching to the choir. I'm glad they're using Jerricho Cotchery more.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

There were plenty of posters on this board that claimed Wallace would be a tough loss and tough to replace... me not included.

Seems his replacement was on the Steeler roster the entire time...... Go Cotch!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pat myself on the back for one of the somewhat rare times I'm right about football, but I knew Wallace was no loss for us. Watching all those drops toward the end of the season, the attitude when he dropped, how he never fit in, the absurd money demands. And when a dopey team like Miami paid for that, I figured he'd be a journeyman bust for the remainder. We shall see, but its not looking good for the one trick pony.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Pat myself on the back for one of the somewhat rare times I'm right about football, but I knew Wallace was no loss for us. Watching all those drops toward the end of the season, the attitude when he dropped, how he never fit in, the absurd money demands. And when a dopey team like Miami paid for that, I figured he'd be a journeyman bust for the remainder. We shall see, but its not looking good for the one trick pony.
    Reminds me of the talk when Yancey Thigpen left. There was a great deal of angst but again it was proven that the front office was right not to overpay. More recently didn't we hear some bemoaning Stupidio Holmes leaving which was no loss either. IIRC many of the same who praised Wallace
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

At the end of the 2011 season, after one half season of subpar play, I did not look forward to losing Wallace. I wasn't willing to pay him what he commanded on the open market, but I figure that he would be a big loss and tough to replace.

By the end of the 2012, I had no issues with him leaving and even warned a couple of friends who are Dolphin fans that he is not going to bring what they are expecting. Even if you can't replace his explosiveness, or the fear that he instills in the heart of a DC, that is more than made up in attitude, professionalism, and competitive spirit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    At the end of the 2011 season, after one half season of subpar play, I did not look forward to losing Wallace. I wasn't willing to pay him what he commanded on the open market, but I figure that he would be a big loss and tough to replace.

By the end of the 2012, I had no issues with him leaving and even warned a couple of friends who are Dolphin fans that he is not going to bring what they are expecting. Even if you can't replace his explosiveness, or the fear that he instills in the heart of a DC, that is more than made up in attitude, professionalism, and competitive spirit.
    thanks for manning up, and you were dead on about the motivational aspects imo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Put Cotchery in a #1 WR role, with the salary attached, and he would look similarly bad. Cotch is a good complementary guy, and so is Wallace. When Wallace was at his best (circa 10-11?), he wasn't the focus.

Unfortunately for them, for MIA to realize any amount of return on Wallace, they have to put more resources (e.g. #1 pick) into that position (something they probably can't afford to do). You put Wallace next to a true #1 type, and he'll start doing things we remember.
    Last edited by Shoe; 11-23-2013 at 01:52 PM.