Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben quote about Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I texted a friend at the same time Tomlin was talking to Ben. I said, "Keep your foot on the gas. Don't stop the aggressive play now !!"
    Keep on texting, bro!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Keep on texting, bro!
    I cracked the code !

Legend

User Info Menu

translation:
    Tomlin: when we get the ball back, i'm not letting that buffoon call plays...
    Ben: FINALLY, he manned up and put this OC on the back burner. I have to give him a lot of credit for that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hated when Cowher did that. The only reason he got away with it was because of Bettis.
    YES but!....if they give this offense over to Ben and he continues to light it up, that will open up the run game considerably. Teams are gonna have to start planning to stop the damn pass, not a stagnant run game. Just sayin'.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How can anyone criticize Cowher for winning once he got up? The guy practically never lost a lead. What - once, twice?

because come layoff time it would cripple us against the better teams

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm not at all advocating against having a strong running game. Far from it. I think a powerful running game is a great thing. But Cowher's teams were built 100% around the run and a QB who was relied on to not make any mistakes (Marty Ball). This team certainly isn't built that way, and I'm not even sure you can do that in today's NFL.

I just loved seeing them going for it instead of 3 and out and punt it deep to rely on the defense. We've seen that backfire too many times.