Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben quote about Tomlin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starter

User Info Menu

Ben quote about Tomlin

I loved reading this:

Roethlisberger said Tomlin “came right up to me on the sideline and said, 'When we get the ball back, I'm not sitting on it. You're staying in no-huddle. We're staying in this mode.' ... I have to give him a lot of credit for that.”

Read more: [url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5100902-74/steelers-graham-practice#ixzz2lBwZltJr[/url]
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
    Nothing I hate more than a team going super conservative after getting a lead at the end of the game. It almost always results in a 3 and out. Love the aggressiveness in this situation. Cotchery was wide open as a result.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good find on that quote. I love reading this as well

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I loved reading this:

Nothing I hate more than a team going super conservative after getting a lead at the end of the game. It almost always results in a 3 and out. Love the aggressiveness in this situation. Cotchery was wide open as a result.
    I hated when Cowher did that. The only reason he got away with it was because of Bettis.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hated when Cowher did that. The only reason he got away with it was because of Bettis.
    When you have a Jerome Bettis and a good run blocking offensive line, which Cowher did, you can run out the clock. The 2013 Steelers run game is not at that point.

Like the call to keep their foot on the gas at the end of the game, but I'd have no problem with pounding the ball down somebody's throat if you could win the matchup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes but maybe the reason he did it was also because of Bettis. A case of tailoring your style to your strength.

Legend

User Info Menu

How can anyone criticize Cowher for winning once he got up? The guy practically never lost a lead. What - once, twice?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How can anyone criticize Cowher for winning once he got up? The guy practically never lost a lead. What - once, twice?
    This is correct haha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

because come layoff time it would cripple us against the better teams

Legend

User Info Menu

that's a pretty good reason if you ask me.

Legend

User Info Menu

YES but!....if they give this offense over to Ben and he continues to light it up, that will open up the run game considerably. Teams are gonna have to start planning to stop the damn pass, not a stagnant run game. Just sayin'.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION