Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Worilds

  1. #11
    Anyone else notice that Worilds seems to play a lot better when he plays on Woodley's side of the line? I wonder if a Worilds/JJ combination is in our future as starting OLB's.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,490
    I think Worilds plays well both sides. I would say Worilds is better at LOLB because he can bull & the QB sees it in his face creating more pressure. Just like Woodley. You walk an OL back & the QB sees it...The QB starts patting the ball and coming off reads. That buys some time for the pressure to get there. They see the speed rush coming they step up & because most are right handed they have an out. A QB would rather throw on the run to the right when you are right handed. That bull/power rush in the face of the QB is what disrupts. Worilds has sculpted his body and that is a big part of his game now. In contrast, JJ's game right now is ROLB. He needs to use his first step to gain the LT shoulder. He doesn't have much of a power rush which will get better in the weight room. He is starting to utilize his inside counter off that when he gets the LT off balance in his kick slide. You can see he still needs some more playing strength when he counters because with it he will be very disruptive.



  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I think Worilds plays well both sides. I would say Worilds is better at LOLB because he can bull & the QB sees it in his face creating more pressure. Just like Woodley. You walk an OL back & the QB sees it...The QB starts patting the ball and coming off reads. That buys some time for the pressure to get there. They see the speed rush coming they step up & because most are right handed they have an out. A QB would rather throw on the run to the right when you are right handed. That bull/power rush in the face of the QB is what disrupts. Worilds has sculpted his body and that is a big part of his game now. In contrast, JJ's game right now is ROLB. He needs to use his first step to gain the LT shoulder. He doesn't have much of a power rush which will get better in the weight room. He is starting to utilize his inside counter off that when he gets the LT off balance in his kick slide. You can see he still needs some more playing strength when he counters because with it he will be very disruptive.
    Nice breakdown. Always enjoy your insights.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Nice breakdown. Always enjoy your insights.
    Agreed. I enjoyed that read.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lewis wanted to go home. I wanted to keep him over Ike, but unfortunately not everyone likes the Burgh.
    I just don't think that they liked Lewis, and they made no play to bring him back. He always showed talent and looked like he might break through prior to last season, but he always did something to land back in the doghouse. I always think back to that pre-season game where he got torched, took a couple of dumb penalties, and then smashed a glass on his way back to the locker room. Coach made a big example of him in the presser after that. He looked poised to start that year and found the bench instead.

    They made no move to try to retain him before he broke out last year, they again made no play before he hit the FA market. They still showed interest in Wallace who was more public a malcontent, but didn't even throw a token offer Lewis' way.

    I don't think that this was the FO choosing Ike over Lewis, or Allen over Lewis, I think that this was the FO just letting him go.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I just don't think that they liked Lewis, and they made no play to bring him back. He always showed talent and looked like he might break through prior to last season, but he always did something to land back in the doghouse. I always think back to that pre-season game where he got torched, took a couple of dumb penalties, and then smashed a glass on his way back to the locker room. Coach made a big example of him in the presser after that. He looked poised to start that year and found the bench instead.

    They made no move to try to retain him before he broke out last year, they again made no play before he hit the FA market. They still showed interest in Wallace who was more public a malcontent, but didn't even throw a token offer Lewis' way.

    I don't think that this was the FO choosing Ike over Lewis, or Allen over Lewis, I think that this was the FO just letting him go.
    It's unfortunate because Ike, Allen, and Lewis were probably a top 3 DB team.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's unfortunate because Ike, Allen, and Lewis were probably a top 3 DB team.
    Agreed, but Tomlin seems to like Lewis as much as he liked Max.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •