Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: In case you missed it....

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,414
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,349
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...
    I'll take a -4.4 in a win over a +5 in a loss. I didn't hear Suh's name one time... I'll take it.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,348
    If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Beachum doesn't have the strength to play inside. He'd get tossed around.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.
    Come on Shawn, I think you've got that backwards.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.
    Fairley: 3 total tackles, 1 sack

    Suh: 0 tackles, 0 sacks

    Yeah, DeCastro was horrible...

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,766
    Yinzer bringing up a good point. I don't subscribe to PFF, but it would certainly be interesting to know how Fairley and Suh graded out for the game....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •