Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: In case you missed it....

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...
    I'll take a -4.4 in a win over a +5 in a loss. I didn't hear Suh's name one time... I'll take it.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Beachum doesn't have the strength to play inside. He'd get tossed around.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.
    Come on Shawn, I think you've got that backwards.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.
    Fairley: 3 total tackles, 1 sack

    Suh: 0 tackles, 0 sacks

    Yeah, DeCastro was horrible...

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Yinzer bringing up a good point. I don't subscribe to PFF, but it would certainly be interesting to know how Fairley and Suh graded out for the game....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •