Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: In case you missed it....

  1. #1

    In case you missed it....

    David DeCastro held Suh in check most of the game. Non-factor. This kid is living up to the billing. Our OL could be pretty good with a healthy Pouncey & Foster. Beachum has held his own at LT.














  2. #2
    I never worried about DeCastro.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    David DeCastro held Suh in check most of the game. Non-factor. This kid is living up to the billing. Our OL could be pretty good with a healthy Pouncey & Foster. Beachum has held his own at LT.
    I didn't notice DD, but I didn't notice Suh, either. I count that as a victory (without watching again in greater detail).

    I agree that DD has started to live up to his billing, but disagree on Beachum. I think he is, at best, a below average left tackle. He doesn't seem to have the strength or quickness needed. He's fine as a backup, but I'd prefer to see an upgrade at LT.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I didn't notice DD, but I didn't notice Suh, either. I count that as a victory (without watching again in greater detail).

    I agree that DD has started to live up to his billing, but disagree on Beachum. I think he is, at best, a below average left tackle. He doesn't seem to have the strength or quickness needed. He's fine as a backup, but I'd prefer to see an upgrade at LT.
    His feet are actually very good. His height is not ideal. If he had Mike Adams size he would be a Pro Bowler. Having said that I agree. I would like a prototype LT and use Beachum as a super sub. Gilbert and Adams can battle for RT.














  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,979
    DECASTRO HANDLES SUH

    David DeCastro didn't blink when asked how he would handle Detroit's defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. He seemed eager to take on one of the league's most-feared defenders.

    On Sunday, DeCastro earned something akin to a technical knockout over Suh in the Steelers' 37-27 victory at Heinz Field.

    DeCastro seldom allowed Suh near quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Suh didn't lay a hand on running back Le'Veon Bell, either. DeCastro's dominance was so complete that Suh didn't record a tackle, sack or pressure.

    http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2kxtAkByr

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    His feet are actually very good. His height is not ideal. If he had Mike Adams size he would be a Pro Bowler. Having said that I agree. I would like a prototype LT and use Beachum as a super sub. Gilbert and Adams can battle for RT.
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,280
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Because Foster is mediocre at best playing Guard.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    give it up you blowhard

    you don't need pro bowlers at every position on the OL

    foster is a pretty damn good player for the size checks he is cashing

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Foster is a natural right tackle... He played there at Tennessee
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  10. #10
    I think Foster has been top 20 OG this year. He is solid














Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •