View Poll Results: Should the no-huddle/spread become our staple for the remainder of the season?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • We should and we will

2 16.67%
  • We should but stubborn coaches won't

9 75.00%
  • We shouldn't

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the no-huddle/spread become our staple from here on out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Should the no-huddle/spread become our staple from here on out?

It seems like the only thing we're really good at right now. Should we feature it from here on out? Will we?

Legend

User Info Menu

The staple? No. A significant portion of our O when we are struggling? Sure.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The staple? No. A significant portion of our O when we are struggling? Sure.
    We are struggling pretty much full time otherwise. Significant portion of our O = staple this season I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes. It's working. Ride it (use it heavily, not necessarily exclusively) until it stops getting results.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Yes. It's working. Ride it (use it heavily, not necessarily exclusively) until it stops getting results.
    Agree with this ... ride it until they figure out how to stop it (I didn't vote because I couldn't see which option reflects this opinion best).

I guess the only way to stop it is for the other guys to have a pass defense unit on the field at all times (because of course we won't let them substitute). So, the remainder of our season could come down to* ... can we get 1st downs by running the ball, with our putrid O line, against defenses that are set up to stop the pass?

*Oh, and there's that part about can OUR defense stop ANYbody, but yesterday's game at least gave us some hope in that regard ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I agree. The Cheaters have done similar in the past. Some teams feature the read-option a lot because it works for them and their player's strengths. This is what works for US and OUR player's strengths. Definitely not exclusively but I think we should feature it strongly every week. For YEARS, Ben has said that he wanted to go hurry-up more often in games. This is the first time that we've actually done it early and often and it worked.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am the first "we should and will" vote, and maybe i'm giving the coaches too much credit, but its fairly evident that this needs to be worked into the gameplan.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Only works when teams are not ready for it, like Detroit. Give the Browns a week to prepare and see if the results are the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Only works when teams are not ready for it, like Detroit. Give the Browns a week to prepare and see if the results are the same.
    Exactly......
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The problem is... what else are we good at? We can run MANY plays out of the no huddle / spread. It's not like the opposition can study a single play and be read for it. The fast pace eliminates the defense's ability to substitute & makes them tire out more quickly. Ben seems to see the field better and gets rid of the ball faster. If a team can prepare for that, they can prepare for anything. We have to play to the strengths of our players. Traditional, slower developing plays and ball control power run game ain't it.