Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Love the win but it's not going to help get us a superbowl....unless

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Look how many years Cowher had the best team in football minus the QB.

There really aren't that many QBs that win SuperBowls. There's only 7 QBs in the league that have won a SuperBowl. I think those guys are darn near impossible to find. And if you're lucky enough to get one, you ride him til he's done.
    In total, there are, what, 10 QBs in the history of the NFL with Multiple SB rings? (not counting guys like Phil Simms and Jim McMahon who were backups for a SB win...)

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Look how many years Cowher had the best team in football minus the QB.

There really aren't that many QBs that win SuperBowls. There's only 7 QBs in the league that have won a SuperBowl. I think those guys are darn near impossible to find. And if you're lucky enough to get one, you ride him til he's done.

Trent Dilfer/Flacco won a SB...need I say more. Now granted, football has changed and the rules have limited what defenses can do while increasing the importance of QBs, however Ben's veteran cap number is going to limit the distribution of quality players across our team. It's going to limit his weapons while he enters the twilight of his career (a bad combo). By building from the inside out we can grow a quality team and once you have a solid core inject an explosive QB with playmakers and viola....SB!

When you asses the SB teams the Manning Bros, Brees, Ben, Brady, Flacco, and Rogers had surrounding them when they won SBs I can say that none of those teams relied on the QB alone to carry the team. Those were solid teams. The Steelers, Giants, and NE in particular had very strong supporting casts and won multiple SBs because of it. Team first individual second!

Heres my humble thought on all this draft talk. Remember last season how long it seemed waiting for the season to begin, well it has begun so lets ride it for all its worth. I am still cheering each game, because I enjoy watching them play and I am all for them squeaking in to the playoffs why? Because it is one more game to cheer for

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Trent Dilfer/Flacco won a SB...need I say more. Now granted, football has changed and the rules have limited what defenses can do while increasing the importance of QBs, however Ben's veteran cap number is going to limit the distribution of quality players across our team. It's going to limit his weapons while he enters the twilight of his career (a bad combo). By building from the inside out we can grow a quality team and once you have a solid core inject an explosive QB with playmakers and viola....SB!

When you asses the SB teams the Manning Bros, Brees, Ben, Brady, Flacco, and Rogers had surrounding them when they won SBs I can say that none of those teams relied on the QB alone to carry the team. Those were solid teams. The Steelers, Giants, and NE in particular had very strong supporting casts and won multiple SBs because of it. Team first individual second!
    The Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rivers, and Stafford all have bigger cap numbers than Ben. That doesn't appear to be limiting any of those teams chances of winning SuperBowls. Why would it limit ours?

Legend
    In fact, if you look beyond just QBs, Ben's cap hit isn't even in the top 10. Shouldn't that be limiting those team's chances of fielding a competitive team by your logic?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post

You sound awfully familiar...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    You took the FVCKING words out of my mouth... Bunch of downers and nay Sayers. I enjoyed every bit of Sunday. It reminded me of the good teams of the recent past... Finding a way to win... Let's go Steelers!!!!
    We won so that mean Ben is worth 4 first rounders if we traded him... this post stinks and it smells like something I've smelled all year. Some people have an agenda and while they will say it has to do with winning in the long run it's really about draft picks... lots and lots of draft picks.

draft!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We won so that mean Ben is worth 4 first rounders if we traded him... this post stinks and it smells like something I've smelled all year. Some people have an agenda and while they will say it has to do with winning in the long run it's really about draft picks... lots and lots of draft picks.

draft!
    If Ben somehow wins the SB this year, we can probably get 10 first rounders in the top 5 and turn this team into a SB contender in no time

If the Steelers went to the Super Bowl and lost, people would be happy because we get to pick one spot higher.

, but seriously

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Heres my humble thought on all this draft talk. Remember last season how long it seemed waiting for the season to begin, well it has begun so lets ride it for all its worth. I am still cheering each game, because I enjoy watching them play and I am all for them squeaking in to the playoffs why? Because it is one more game to cheer for
    There you go