Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Love the win but it's not going to help get us a superbowl....unless

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    This place has lost it. We finally have a chance to enjoy a hard fought victory and we have threads like this.

But whatever....enjoy being miserable.
    Pretty much... I think some enjoy this board more when we lose because it gives them a chance to play GM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I tell ya, there are so many pansies on this board.... All they care about is the freaking NFL draft.....Which is alwas a crap shoot. I witnessed a TEAM out there yesterday that is fighting hard as hell to make it to the playoffs where everyone starts off at 0-0. If you don't want to root for THIS team, then get out and wait for the damned draft in April.. Sick of it... Trade Ben, release Troy.... bla bla..... enjoy the 2013 season, folks and stop being so damne negative.
    You took the FVCKING words out of my mouth... Bunch of downers and nay Sayers. I enjoyed every bit of Sunday. It reminded me of the good teams of the recent past... Finding a way to win... Let's go Steelers!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You just noticed?

We've collectively lost it years ago
    We r just following your lead flip lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team is NOT Superbowl material

Let's just accept that, and we'll save ourselves a whole lot of heartache. Now, I'm not one of those Negative Nancys who treats every year like that. But a team that continues to set all-time franchise records for negativity, isn't going to win the whole league.

The '13 Steelers are not marriage material; just maybe a nice little fling!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Who is suppressing anyones opinion? Believe it or not there are still some fans who don't want to throw half a season away so we can move up in the draft. Pointing that out isnt suppressing you in anyway.
    None of us want to throw the season away. We all want the Steelers to win every week. However we all know that can't be a reality. Some years we come close; some years not so close. My feeling for this year is that we are going to be 8-8 and either just make the playoffs or just miss them. We will accomplish this through better play and mediocrity of the other AFC contenders. If we do make the playoffs we have to play a really strong team like Denver in Denver. This time we won't be playing Timmy Tebow but the outcome would most likely be the same.

Alot of people will look at the Steelers making the playoffs after starting 0-4 as a turnaround with the arrow pointing up. I see this as the arrow pointing sideways toward another 8-8 season, and then another and another. We can avert this fate of long term mediocrity by leveraging our present day assets for future assets with greater upside.

After winning a SB (2005) we got away from the tradition of not overpaying veterans in order to keep the team together and make a couple more runs. This decision payed off in spades. However we have to face the fact that now we are paying for that decision (See Salary Cap). We need to clear the payroll and get back to the model that initially took us to SBs and AFC Championship games. Otherwise mediocrity here we come. We all know the Steelers should never settle for mediocrity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    None of us want to throw the season away. We all want the Steelers to win every week. However we all know that can't be a reality. Some years we come close; some years not so close. My feeling for this year is that we are going to be 8-8 and either just make the playoffs or just miss them. We will accomplish this through better play and mediocrity of the other AFC contenders. If we do make the playoffs we have to play a really strong team like Denver in Denver. This time we won't be playing Timmy Tebow but the outcome would most likely be the same.

Alot of people will look at the Steelers making the playoffs after starting 0-4 as a turnaround with the arrow pointing up. I see this as the arrow pointing sideways toward another 8-8 season, and then another and another. We can avert this fate of long term mediocrity by leveraging our present day assets for future assets with greater upside.

After winning a SB (2005) we got away from the tradition of not overpaying veterans in order to keep the team together and make a couple more runs. This decision payed off in spades. However we have to face the fact that now we are paying for that decision (See Salary Cap). We need to clear the payroll and get back to the model that initially took us to SBs and AFC Championship games. Otherwise mediocrity here we come. We all know the Steelers should never settle for mediocrity.
    we are 4-6.. I'm pretty sure everyone around here accepted reality a long time ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Let's just accept that, and we'll save ourselves a whole lot of heartache. Now, I'm not one of those Negative Nancys who treats every year like that. But a team that continues to set all-time franchise records for negativity, isn't going to win the whole league.

The '13 Steelers are not marriage material; just maybe a nice little fling!
    yeah you are being a negative nancy.... this team started 0-4 and now they are 4-6. Is it really that hard to let people enjoy the wins and hope for an amazing run? We started 0-4... I'm pretty sure most have accepted this season a long time ago but it's a shame that a few people feel the need to remind us of the obvious.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to clear the payroll and get back to the model that initially took us to SBs and AFC Championship games. Otherwise mediocrity here we come. We all know the Steelers should never settle for mediocrity.
    The model that made it all work was Big Ben + our defense. Without Ben, most likely - mediocrity here we come.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The model that made it all work was Big Ben + our defense. Without Ben, most likely - mediocrity here we come.
    it's much easier to replace one player than rebuild an entire defense/team. Ben is not unique. There have been top flight QBs in the past and there will be top flight QBs in the future. Last time i checked football was still a team sport.

Legend

User Info Menu

it's much easier to replace one player than rebuild an entire defense/team. Ben is not unique. There have been top flight QBs in the past and there will be top flight QBs in the future. Last time i checked football was still a team sport.
    Look how many years Cowher had the best team in football minus the QB.

There really aren't that many QBs that win SuperBowls. There's only 7 QBs in the league that have won a SuperBowl. I think those guys are darn near impossible to find. And if you're lucky enough to get one, you ride him til he's done.