Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On a Rainy, Miserable Day....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    No, let's be clear.. 110% crystal..... Were you there? Did you get to see the way this team is acting/playing as a TEAM now? Watching it on TV, you don't see this stuff. So glad I get to go to some games each year. Wouldn't miss it. When we are getting TO's and making plays everyone on the sidelines are up and out to congratulate. They are gelling as a unit now. They won this game, because they were the better team yesterday and played 60 mins of football. And doublerenegade helped em out a little too..
    The scientist says you can't be more than 100% crystal clear....Lol. I don't have to be at Heinz Field to know that these 2013 Pittsburgh Steelers are consistently inconsistent. From game to game from quarter to quarter. I agree that they appear to be making forward progress (2 steps fwd, 1 step back) however when I watch them play and compare them to teams like Denver, KC, New England, New Orleans, Seattle we are nowhere near their caliber. I know the exhilaration of being at Heinz for a huge win. I also know that that atmosphere and being in Pittsburgh in general can cloud your sense of reality with regard to the quality of our sports teams. We are all biased in one way or another. It's just important to recognize how those biases effect our beliefs.

Also thanks for verifying the double renegade. At the bar we thought there was a double dip but couldn't be sure. It really is amazing how well that song seems to effect the on-field play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ruthless- your seats are probably right above where I was sitting... I was in 527 row B. I love that section and would gladly take season tix right in there. At least it was warm yesterday. All in all, not to bad...
    Yeah, I was just 2 sections over in 525, but much higher up in row FF. If I'd know that you were down there, I would have stopped down to say hey. I would much rather be in the 2nd row of the upper deck than to have only 5 rows behind me (not that I'm complaining or anything; certainly glad to be there). Did you have actual seats down in row B, or do you have the aluminum benches like we do? If you didn't bring seat cushions (we did), then yesterday would have been a miserable day to sit on those wet metal benches. However, they did make a lot of noise when I was banging on the metal bench in front of me with a heavy wet Terrible Towel.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, the entire upper deck has those aluminum benches, so that's what we had too. At least we had a very nice attendant who took care of the 2 sections there. every time we would come back to our seats, he would take a towel and do his best to wipe away the water for us. I've sat in that section for many games, and love it there.

The guy that was working our section was trying to get us on the jumbo tron, but it was too late in the game. The camera that they use for stadium shots was right beside us, and he kept telling us to look for the light to go on top of the camera, and they'd put us up on the screen, but oh well...

Hehe- they did throw out some Lions fans in 526 after one of them couldn't control their liquor intake... Next time I'm out, I'll message you... We park over in Carnegie Science Center, which is right next door..
    Last edited by pfelix73; 11-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Let's be clear, we won this game because of the weather. In perfect conditions or in the dome we lose.
    As soon as the weather became a factor the Lions were done - they just wanted to go home.

Man, I love seeing dome teams fall flat on their faces when they get outside and conditions aren't perfect.

Seeing Jim Schwartz lose isn't quite as good as seeing one of the Harbaugh's lose - but it's close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I can understand why people don't want to be outside in weather like that. I've watched some live games in snow and rain and they aren't the most pleasant experiences of my life. Although I'd take a snowy game over rain every time.

On the flip side, I've had some great experiences at those games. And they're really a lot of fun the first time. But after being thru a couple down pours, I really only wanna go to games with at least somewhat nice weather.
    Send your rainy day tickets to ford fixer you fairweather fan you

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    As soon as the weather became a factor the Lions were done - they just wanted to go home.

Man, I love seeing dome teams fall flat on their faces when they get outside and conditions aren't perfect.

Seeing Jim Schwartz lose isn't quite as good as seeing one of the Harbaugh's lose - but it's close.
    LOL, yea. whatevah.. The Lions looked pretty comfortable out there in the 2nd quarter. You think they went in at the half, warmed up some and said f$%k it? lol, yea, whatevah...

FYI- 'as soon as' ? It was raining in Pitt. hours before the game even started, but no excuses, I used to love playing in this type weather, as do many other football players. It's kind of like a bonus/reward when you are a lineman and get conditions such as that, so I'm sure it wasn't more of a factor for the visitors as both teams played in it.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 11-19-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Starter

User Info Menu

LOL, yea. whatevah.. The Lions looked pretty comfortable out there in the 2nd quarter. You think they went in at the half, warmed up some and said f$%k it? lol, yea, whatevah...

FYI- 'as soon as' ? It was raining in Pitt. hours before the game even started, but no excuses, I used to love playing in this type weather, as do many other football players. It's kind of like a bonus/reward when you are a lineman and get conditions such as that, so I'm sure it wasn't more of a factor for the visitors as both teams played in it.
    For some reason we got to see that game out here in San Diego. On TV, the weather looked much worse in the second half. Maybe it was just different camera angles or lighting conditions. Sure looked like it was raining more heavily in the fourth quarter than earlier in the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    For some reason we got to see that game out here in San Diego. On TV, the weather looked much worse in the second half. Maybe it was just different camera angles or lighting conditions. Sure looked like it was raining more heavily in the fourth quarter than earlier in the game.
    4th Quarter was raining just like it was in the 2nd Q or 1st. I was just as soaked in the 1st as in the 4th....lol.. When i saw the highlights, it looked as though it was just cloudy on some camera shots... not so much...
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Backup

User Info Menu

4th Quarter was raining just like it was in the 2nd Q or 1st. I was just as soaked in the 1st as in the 4th....lol.. When i saw the highlights, it looked as though it was just cloudy on some camera shots... not so much...
    According to other observers the weather did take a turn for the worse in the 2nd half. Depending on which way the wind is blowing and where you sit in Heinz Field can effect ones perception of the weather conditions the field and may not reflect the weather on the field. If you read the account from stillers.com, there are multiple references to deteriorating conditions from the 1st to 2nd half. These observations are in support of my belief that weather played an important role in the outcome of this game.

[URL]http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/54cdb7ab-6be0-40b2-8cb9-b2ccb37abef6[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    According to other observers the weather did take a turn for the worse in the 2nd half. Depending on which way the wind is blowing and where you sit in Heinz Field can effect ones perception of the weather conditions the field and may not reflect the weather on the field. If you read the account from stillers.com, there are multiple references to deteriorating conditions from the 1st to 2nd half. These observations are in support of my belief that weather played an important role in the outcome of this game.

[URL]http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/54cdb7ab-6be0-40b2-8cb9-b2ccb37abef6[/URL]
    Whatever you want to believe, you can believe. I was there, so I know what the conditions were. I would dare you to go tell Suh that he lost because he couldn't play in the weather. Steelers won because the game plan totally changed in the 3rd quarter and out performed Detroit because the Lions couldn't make the on the field adjustments-- For example- the pick on Calvin Johnson. That was the same play he scored on in the 2nd. The field held up well for the entire game- not like the Chicago field where it was a dirt pit. Only difference in the 2nd half was a little windier out of the south- blowing against the Steelers in the 4th Q, Like I said- i was soaked just as much in 1st Q as I was in 4th Q. Believe it or not....
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII