Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On a Rainy, Miserable Day....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On a Rainy, Miserable Day....

We came out on top and put ourselves right back in the hunt for a playoff spot!

I want to commend all of the 48,000 + fans who actually showed up for this ball game AND sat through all 4 quarters of it! I saw 48,000 + die hard fans out there, who helped their team get over the finish line and yea, I really mean helped that defense close it out when they played doublerenegade! !

As far as the 8,000 or so pu$$ies that decided to stay home and not go to Heinz-- I say to you..... Get rid of your seats, so the real fans can go and wach their team play! You bunch of Yinzers! OK, I said my part.. Carry on..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

Let's be clear, we won this game because of the weather. In perfect conditions or in the dome we lose. We are 4-6 but easily could be 3-7 without some dropped passes. I agree that the Steelers should track seat absences and send some letters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Let's be clear, we won this game because of the weather. In perfect conditions or in the dome we lose. We are 4-6 but easily could be 3-7 without some dropped passes. I agree that the Steelers should track seat absences and send some letters.
    I don't know, couldn't some of the games we lost this year have gone our way except for some dropped passes, etc? It goes both ways, a win is a win just as much as a loss is a loss, and it is what it is, we are who we thought we were, and it's way too early to be saying, "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS???".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, let's be clear.. 110% crystal..... Were you there? Did you get to see the way this team is acting/playing as a TEAM now? Watching it on TV, you don't see this stuff. So glad I get to go to some games each year. Wouldn't miss it. When we are getting TO's and making plays everyone on the sidelines are up and out to congratulate. They are gelling as a unit now. They won this game, because they were the better team yesterday and played 60 mins of football. And doublerenegade helped em out a little too..
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    That is speculation...Let's be clear.

Steelers also dropped (3) TD passes in the redzone...that works both ways.

A win is a win...no way to know the outcome if it was played in a dome or on a nice sunny day...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    That is speculation...Let's be clear.

Steelers also dropped (3) TD passes in the redzone...that works both ways.

A win is a win...no way to know the outcome if it was played in a dome or on a nice sunny day...
    Now, clearly, MicroBioSteel is a scientist and used the scientific method to test the validity of his hypothesis...

Legend

User Info Menu

I can understand why people don't want to be outside in weather like that. I've watched some live games in snow and rain and they aren't the most pleasant experiences of my life. Although I'd take a snowy game over rain every time.

On the flip side, I've had some great experiences at those games. And they're really a lot of fun the first time. But after being thru a couple down pours, I really only wanna go to games with at least somewhat nice weather.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully we will be able to look upon this poor-weather showdown with an NFC North team in the same manner that we look at another poor-weather showdown with an NFC North team back in December of 2005.

We were a desperate, downtrodden team without much going for us back then (coming off 3 straight losses), but that victory seemed to galvanize the team as we improbably arose from the ashes toward immortality.

I was plenty wet yesterday (almost as much as I was after the Bettis-Urlacher snow game...although the moderate temperatures yesterday made it much more palatable than back in 12/05).

The Double Renegade was awesome. I was waving one Terrible Towel for the first Renegade, then decided to wave two Terrible Towels for the second Renegade (they were both super heavy because they were soaking wet).

I was surprised at how many Lions fans were at Heinz, until I realized that the drive from SE MI to SW PA is actually about an hour shorter drive than my weekly commute from NE PA to SW PA.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hopefully we will be able to look upon this poor-weather showdown with an NFC North team in the same manner that we look at another poor-weather showdown with an NFC North team back in December of 2005.

We were a desperate, downtrodden team without much going for us back then (coming off 3 straight losses), but that victory seemed to galvanize the team as we improbably arose from the ashes toward immortality.

I was plenty wet yesterday (almost as much as I was after the Bettis-Urlacher snow game...although the moderate temperatures yesterday made it much more palatable than back in 12/05).

The Double Renegade was awesome. I was waving one Terrible Towel for the first Renegade, then decided to wave two Terrible Towels for the second Renegade (they were both super heavy because they were soaking wet).

I was surprised at how many Lions fans were at Heinz, until I realized that the drive from SE MI to SW PA is actually about an hour shorter drive than my weekly commute from NE PA to SW PA.
    I was at that game against the Bears in 2005,and I've been out in the elements hunting and such all my life,but I don't remember ever being as wet and cold as I was that day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless- your seats are probably right above where I was sitting... I was in 527 row B. I love that section and would gladly take season tix right in there. At least it was warm yesterday. All in all, not to bad...
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII