Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manny Sanders

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I still think it was idiotic not to take the 3rd when it was gifted to them.
    It was a terrible decision. The offense moved just fine yesterday without Sanders.

I'm sure that Ben can thrown an incomplete fly pattern to Wheaton once or twice a game to fill the Sanders role. Sanders never did anything to demonstrate that he was more than a #3 WR. He's a good route runner and has some quickness, but is well below average as a staring WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sanders had a foot injury earlier in his career. Just hope for him it isn't the dreaded foot sprain. Regardless if he is in the plans for next year & beyond...The WR group is better with him in the mix. For the sake of this year trying to get out of this hole...Let's hope it is a mild injury & he could get back on the field soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Sanders had a foot injury earlier in his career. Just hope for him it isn't the dreaded foot sprain. Regardless if he is in the plans for next year & beyond...The WR group is better with him in the mix. For the sake of this year trying to get out of this hole...Let's hope it is a mild injury & he could get back on the field soon.
    The WR group this year is better with him in the mix, but there wasn't a huge dropoff to Wheaton.

For next year, the issue of whether the group is better with Sanders depends on whether the FO sees him as a starter. If so, Sanders probably hurts the team. If not, and Sanders is seen as a #3, with the Steelers looking for a true starter to compliment Brown, than yeah, he would help the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The WR group this year is better with him in the mix, but there wasn't a huge dropoff to Wheaton.

For next year, the issue of whether the group is better with Sanders depends on whether the FO sees him as a starter. If so, Sanders probably hurts the team. If not, and Sanders is seen as a #3, with the Steelers looking for a true starter to compliment Brown, than yeah, he would help the team.
    He's on pace for 67 catches and 814 yards in his first season as a starter. It's not like those numbers are as bad as everyone seems to be making them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sanders won't be here next year....But he is needed this year if they have a shot. They will need "All hands on deck" for a push. I agree...Now with a healthy Wheaton the drop off isn't significant in 3 wide with a Wheaton/Sanders swap. However, adding Wheaton to Brown, Sanders, & Cotchery is better that having Moye as the #4 if you take away Sanders. If Sanders is ok & with a healthy Wheaton...I WOULD HOPE the Steelers put Sanders in as the primary KR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He's on pace for 67 catches and 814 yards in his first season as a starter. It's not like those numbers are as bad as everyone seems to be making them.
    Yes Flip...That's a solid season if this injury isn't bad & given what Brown's numbers will end up ahead of him. I would like to see him stick around but I think $$$$ will be laid in front of him because of this season. I don't think the Steelers will be willing to show him more than 4 mil avg & he will get allot more than that somewhere else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The numbers are not terrible, but beyond the numbers, Sanders offers no real deep threat at all. How many times has Ben tried to hit Sanders down the sideline when he has man coverage? Seemingly, at least once per game, despite Sanders never winning the battle.

Legend

User Info Menu

The numbers are not terrible, but beyond the numbers, Sanders offers no real deep threat at all. How many times has Ben tried to hit Sanders down the sideline when he has man coverage? Seemingly, at least once per game, despite Sanders never winning the battle.
    Sanders has missed on a couple opportunities this season - no doubt. But he's still got some talent that I wouldn't throw away if we could keep him for the right price. He's also a pretty good blocker, so if we can ever get our running game working, I think that has some added benefit.

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point in time i believe Cotchery is more valuable to the Steelers than Sanders.