Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If we get to the SB, will Bell hands be our ticket - is he the key to no the huddle?

Hall of Famer

Haha, I see you reppin on your OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I'm going on record as saying we took a RB a year too early or the wrong RB this year. I hope Bell proves me wrong about Bell, but what others see as "patience" I see as tentative and indecisive. Now, with a RB like Carlos Hyde from tOSU, who runs hard, picks up blitzes and makes catches out of the backfield, Ben would have a weapon at RB. So far, I'm just not impressed with Bell as the "Bell Cow" that some of you have built him up to be.
    Bell's strength now and going forward is his versatility. I do see that "indecision" you see. I don't think it is indecision; I do think he just gets caught up being too cute, and I don't like it either.

But to the thread starter, I do think he is a key to our hopes this year, for the reasons stated. He's only going to get better too, as the season goes on (shouldn't hit the wall, as he didn't play the first month of the year).

I'm hoping this plays out as you say Shoe ... He's a Steeler now, so I wish him the best .. just wish he'd drop that "cuteness", make a decision and get after it

Hall of Famer
    I'm going on record as saying we took a RB a year too early or the wrong RB this year. I hope Bell proves me wrong about Bell, but what others see as "patience" I see as tentative and indecisive. Now, with a RB like Carlos Hyde from tOSU, who runs hard, picks up blitzes and makes catches out of the backfield, Ben would have a weapon at RB. So far, I'm just not impressed with Bell as the "Bell Cow" that some of you have built him up to be.

No to OSU running backs.... haven't see a good one in more than 10 yrs.....

Bell makes positive yards where others have failed.... a turnstile would have been better on the left side of the OL than what was out there today.

Legend
    Felt, Bell's rushing numbers, as the "undisputed #1" project out to 603 yards rushing at a 3.3 per rush avg. "THIS" is the savior of the Steelers run game? Because as it is, his numbers project to about the same as what Dwyer gave us last year as the #3 guy behind Redman and Mendenhall .... I'm "NOT" saying Dwyer's the guy ... I am saying that so far, neither is Bell ... and for all those that say "it's the OLine", the OLine was crappy last year too.
    Bell doesn't need a blow every other play and he is a legit threat in the passing game.

I don't know if he is the savior but I appreciate watching him run.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm willing to wait and see.
    Well, on that we can agree ... because based upon the way Tomlin talked about him earlier and the way they keep forcing him on us in short yardage when Dwyer (this year) has proven a better option ... we're going to be force fed Bell in a manner we haven't seen around here since Walter Abercrombie

Pro Bowler
    WOW. It looks like you guys are taking about Mendenhall! This kids has Bettis type of vision and feet! So he can pick his way through very small holes this o-line creates. Give him some big holes like WP had and watch him shine! Mark it down Bell will be a very good one.

Legend
    Well, on that we can agree ... because based upon the way Tomlin talked about him earlier and the way they keep forcing him on us in short yardage when Dwyer (this year) has proven a better option ... we're going to be force fed Bell in a manner we haven't seen around here since Walter Abercrombie
    Bell is fine..

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Bell is fine..
    We'll see my brother ... and I hope that what we see is good

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    While Bell isn't the problem, not convinced he'd the solution either.

For Chadman, he's more a rotational type. He's not fast enough to be a big play threat. He's a thumper. He could be a good thumper. But the running game still lacks explosion, lacks big plays. In fact, most of the Offense lacks big plays.

To get the best out of Bell, the Steelers likely need an Andre Ellington to compliment him. Then you can ride the hot hand that is working against the opposition. Right now, it's pick your thumper between Bell & Dwyer. Jones looks to be just ok at this point, or maybe just poorly used.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    While Bell isn't the problem, not convinced he'd the solution either.

For Chadman, he's more a rotational type. He's not fast enough to be a big play threat. He's a thumper. He could be a good thumper. But the running game still lacks explosion, lacks big plays. In fact, most of the Offense lacks big plays.

To get the best out of Bell, the Steelers likely need an Andre Ellington to compliment him. Then you can ride the hot hand that is working against the opposition. Right now, it's pick your thumper between Bell & Dwyer. Jones looks to be just ok at this point, or maybe just poorly used.
    Hence my "homer" plug for a player like Carlos Hyde ... a big guy who definitely has more speed than Bell and yet does all that Bell does ... Don't see us taking another RB anywhere near where Hyde will go in the draft (2nd or early 3rd I'm thinking) but if we could get someone like him, that would be great. Bell just doesn't seem like anything "special" to me ... and I hope I'm wrong and you're right Feltz