Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ike's hands

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I did not do my history of HOF CB's research sorry. Just my opinion if Ike had played before some of the FREAK elite CB's. Ike is right up there an just below all the really elite CB's just because his game is not all around perfect. To be really elite he would need a elite number if INT's. If he had the INT's he would be a HOF player I think. Pro bowls have been a JOKE for a long time. Again my opinion. Ike got paid like a #1 corner because he could cover 98% of all #1 WR's. He has earned his money I think. And I guess you answered my point. For me shutting down most starting WR's is awesome and makes a amazing player. Glad to have had Ike. I hope he takes a Bettis role and takes less money to continue as and retire a Steeler. There are more then a few amazing players that won't be a HOF. But it does not change the fact that they were amazing players. Also does Ben even sniff a HOF with out the super bowls? I don't think so. And he would still be an amazing player.
    Most people believe Ben is on the fence when it comes to the HOF but lets be honest... Ben has numbers, records, etc. IMO Ben is a HOFer because he's done it without a great OL and he has a thriller last second drive in a SB.

Ike doesn't have numbers IMO. Ike is like Aaron Smith... great player in our system but the numbers aren't going to wow you. Ike can run with the best of thembut his ball awareness is disgusting. Its like a LB who gets pressures but never gets the sack. You aren't going to rate that LB above LB's who get pressures AND sacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Most people believe Ben is on the fence when it comes to the HOF but lets be honest... Ben has numbers, records, etc. IMO Ben is a HOFer because he's done it without a great OL and he has a thriller last second drive in a SB.

Ike doesn't have numbers IMO. Ike is like Aaron Smith... great player in our system but the numbers aren't going to wow you. Ike can run with the best of thembut his ball awareness is disgusting. Its like a LB who gets pressures but never gets the sack. You aren't going to rate that LB above LB's who get pressures AND sacks.
    I'd compare Ike more to Brett Keisel who gets tons of pressure but few sacks.

Re: Smitty, I think he should be HOF worthy, but he'll never get in. If you compare his stats to other 3-4 DEs, he's got some of the best numbers to date. Unfortunately, he gets lumped in with all DEs and his numbers don't compare. I think he only went to 1 Pro Bowl which is totally unfair since he was compared to 4-3 DEs who put up monster numbers because of differing responsibilities.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I did not do my history of HOF CB's research sorry. Just my opinion if Ike had played before some of the FREAK elite CB's. Ike is right up there an just below all the really elite CB's just because his game is not all around perfect. To be really elite he would need a elite number if INT's. If he had the INT's he would be a HOF player I think. Pro bowls have been a JOKE for a long time. Again my opinion. Ike got paid like a #1 corner because he could cover 98% of all #1 WR's. He has earned his money I think. And I guess you answered my point. For me shutting down most starting WR's is awesome and makes a amazing player. Glad to have had Ike. I hope he takes a Bettis role and takes less money to continue as and retire a Steeler. There are more then a few amazing players that won't be a HOF. But it does not change the fact that they were amazing players. Also does Ben even sniff a HOF with out the super bowls? I don't think so. And he would still be an amazing player.
    Laser, i wasn't knockin ya.
    Everyone has their opinions.
    Has Ike been solid all these years, i'd say yes.
    Does he have many INT's?
    We all know that answer.
    Is he going to be worth the $$$$ the Steelers will have to dish out next year?
    I'm on the ledge with that one

Legend

User Info Menu

by Ed Bouchette

Question from my chat today: "In what scenario might #Steelers ever try Ike Taylor at safety?"

Answer: When they have a wealth of good corners and not enough safeties, perhaps. They have talked to him about it in the past, as a possibility, but have never tried him there.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/1e32fd44-44b8-439f-8623-344115b82f77/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha