Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ike's hands

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    You r kidding right? Isn't the point of playing to Win SB's?? Ike, for me, is one of my more favorite Steelers of my lifetime. So yes, call me a homer but I think he is the best CB we have and have had for a while and want him to retire a Steeler.
    I bet Dan Marino woulda traded places with Joe Flacco

Legend

User Info Menu

You r kidding right? Isn't the point of playing to Win SB's?? Ike, for me, is one of my more favorite Steelers of my lifetime. So yes, call me a homer but I think he is the best CB we have and have had for a while and want him to retire a Steeler.
    not at all... these guys aren't trading their God given skills and blessings just to get a ring.

If that was the case you would see a bunch of the best players demanding trades and playing for peanuts to get a ring.

Making money, being considered the best at their position, fulfilling the dream.. that's why they play the game. Everyone wants to win a SB but do you really think players like Revis, Bailey, etc would take the vet minimum to play on a proven winner? You don't see this happen until late in a players career... players have pride and believe the teams they are on can become SB contenders due to their presence.

No way would a player like Marino, Brian Kelly, Steve McNair or Warren Moon trade their careers to be a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    not at all... these guys aren't trading their God given skills and blessings just to get a ring.

If that was the case you would see a bunch of the best players demanding trades and playing for peanuts to get a ring.

Making money, being considered the best at their position, fulfilling the dream.. that's why they play the game. Everyone wants to win a SB but do you really think players like Revis, Bailey, etc would take the vet minimum to play on a proven winner? You don't see this happen until late in a players career... players have pride and believe the teams they are on can become SB contenders due to their presence.

No way would a player like Marino, Brian Kelly, Steve McNair or Warren Moon trade their careers to be a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson.
    C.R.E.A.M. eh??

Legend

User Info Menu

C.R.E.A.M. eh??
    Dolla, dolla bill, yallllll.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dolla, dolla bill, yallllll.
    HAHA that was an awesome response. I just listened to that ol' Wu Tang shiiii yesterday on my drive to upstate New York. Brings back memories of my teen years lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ike has made a crapton of money....perhaps Bailey has made a little more, but, I believe that some of these players are competitors as well as businessmen...Ike has both: a bunch of money and two rings...

I think Bailey is a competitor and wants to win a SB ring before it's over...I do think that he'd take two rings over a bunch of individual accolades...but, again, that's just me...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ike has made a crapton of money....perhaps Bailey has made a little more, but, I believe that some of these players are competitors as well as businessmen...Ike has both: a bunch of money and two rings...

I think Bailey is a competitor and wants to win a SB ring before it's over...I do think that he'd take two rings over a bunch of individual accolades...but, again, that's just me...
    I'm sure Champ wants a ring.. but would he give up all his accolades to get one? I doubt it. Who are the CB's from the 2 Giants SB's the last few years?

Exactly... but Champ Bailey will be remembered.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm sure Champ wants a ring.. but would he give up all his accolades to get one? I doubt it. Who are the CB's from the 2 Giants SB's the last few years?

I'm not saying you're wrong...

But I will always remember that Bailey didn't win a SB (though that is subject to change)...just like how I remember Marino...

Legend

User Info Menu

I will remember Bailey as the second biggest goat on Denver after Rahim Moore in the playoff game against Baltimore last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I will remember Bailey as the second biggest goat on Denver after Rahim Moore in the playoff game against Baltimore last year.
    lol... well, it's fresh in the memory but that's like saying Ike will only be remembered for his horrible hands or Peyton for his INT in the SB.