Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ike's hands

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... well, it's fresh in the memory but that's like saying Ike will only be remembered for his horrible hands or Peyton for his INT in the SB.
    I'm pretty sure most players would rather be in the HOFer and be remembered forever as one of the best players in league history than have a ring and be a nobody.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike's hands? More like Ike's flippers.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... well, it's fresh in the memory but that's like saying Ike will only be remembered for his horrible hands or Peyton for his INT in the SB.
    According to some here, all they remember Ike for now are his crappy hands.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In my humble opinion the HOF is changing. The player needs to be more elite every year! At one time Ike would have been a HOF player. Yes a LONG time ago but you get the point. IF I was a player I would just play as great as I could and hope to win super bowls. There are more then a few HOF players that have just faded away. But for Steeler fans and I figure other team fans there are players the fans never forget HOF player or not. Ike will be one of then guys. A fan favorite good or bad. LOL!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    In my humble opinion the HOF is changing. The player needs to be more elite every year! At one time Ike would have been a HOF player. Yes a LONG time ago but you get the point. IF I was a player I would just play as great as I could and hope to win super bowls. There are more then a few HOF players that have just faded away. But for Steeler fans and I figure other team fans there are players the fans never forget HOF player or not. Ike will be one of then guys. A fan favorite good or bad. LOL!
    Ike has never made the Pro Bowl, what makes you say he would've been a HOFer?
    Not for nothing, but Ike is paid like a #1 corner so shouldn't that equate to him covering the oppositions #1 WR?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most players would rather be in the HOFer and be remembered forever as one of the best players in league history than have a ring and be a nobody.
    Perhaps.

But, you play to win championships...

Ben may not get into the HoF...do you think he'll pine away for a golden jacket?

OTOH, Marino is in the HoF...do you think he wishes he could have won a SB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Perhaps.

But, you play to win championships...

Ben may not get into the HoF...do you think he'll pine away for a golden jacket?

OTOH, Marino is in the HoF...do you think he wishes he could have won a SB?
    Hell yeah he will pine away for a jacket... once his career is over the HOF is the goal for players like Ben. Guys cry like babies when they get into the HOF...

Every year 53 guys get a ring.... and every year only 5 guys get a chance for induction.

Marino wishes he won a SB but his place in football history is set in stone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ike has never made the Pro Bowl, what makes you say he would've been a HOFer?
    Not for nothing, but Ike is paid like a #1 corner so shouldn't that equate to him covering the oppositions #1 WR?
    I did not do my history of HOF CB's research sorry. Just my opinion if Ike had played before some of the FREAK elite CB's. Ike is right up there an just below all the really elite CB's just because his game is not all around perfect. To be really elite he would need a elite number if INT's. If he had the INT's he would be a HOF player I think. Pro bowls have been a JOKE for a long time. Again my opinion. Ike got paid like a #1 corner because he could cover 98% of all #1 WR's. He has earned his money I think. And I guess you answered my point. For me shutting down most starting WR's is awesome and makes a amazing player. Glad to have had Ike. I hope he takes a Bettis role and takes less money to continue as and retire a Steeler. There are more then a few amazing players that won't be a HOF. But it does not change the fact that they were amazing players. Also does Ben even sniff a HOF with out the super bowls? I don't think so. And he would still be an amazing player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I am a supporter, but Ike has no qualifications to enter the Hall because he is not viewed by the talking heads as elite. He does not put up stats, and, if you were to ask 20 talking heads, he would not rate as a top 10 corner. However, I believe that if you ask coaches he faces and players he has covered, they would speak differently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I am a supporter, but Ike has no qualifications to enter the Hall because he is not viewed by the talking heads as elite. He does not put up stats, and, if you were to ask 20 talking heads, he would not rate as a top 10 corner. However, I believe that if you ask coaches he faces and players he has covered, they would speak differently.
    About the only time the national media notices him is when he has a horrible game like the playoffs vs Denver.