Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike's hands

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Worst hands in the history of the NFL. I have never seen a DB in perfect position drop so many INT's.
    Although discouraging, it can also be viewed as an example of how good he is by being in position to be able to drop so many .

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Although discouraging, it can also be viewed as an example of how good he is by being in position to be able to drop so many .
    I guess????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agreed. I would take Ike Taylor over 90% of the CBs in the league.

Why? Because he can defend against 95% of the WRs in the league without getting help, and that's worth something to a defense.
    Yes to this! Also Shoe I get what you are saying for sure. A INT can change the whole game. But Ike is not as bad a CB as some in here like to say is all. HE CAN NOT CATCH! The rest of his game is way above average I think. He has shut down some very good WR's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have always been an Ike fan, think he is a warrior ans a great teammate, and a Steeler to remember.

His hands ... at times it is almost comical, at times a bit tragic in the way that his hands do not measure up to his other talents and are the one skill that keeps him out of the top few percent of CB.s of his era.

Legend

User Info Menu

Think of the positive; if Ike had hands, the Steelers would never have been able to resign him for the money he would command.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I guess????
    lol ya that didn't quite make sense.. All I meant was that he is in position a lot which means he is a good CB.. he just drops a lot of INTS that the "greats" would catch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike had a big interception in the SB win over Seattle, and I believe a few others in the playoffs. It's only the regular season where he has trouble catching picks.

The drops yesterday were rough, but look at the job Ike was done on guys like Marshall, AJ Green and others throughout the year. I'll take it. He had a rough day yesterday with an absolute beast of a WR. He did all anybody could do with Johnson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Ike had a big interception in the SB win over Seattle, and I believe a few others in the playoffs. It's only the regular season where he has trouble catching picks.

The drops yesterday were rough, but look at the job Ike was done on guys like Marshall, AJ Green and others throughout the year. I'll take it. He had a rough day yesterday with an absolute beast of a WR. He did all anybody could do with Johnson.
    Ike's caught a few but the amount of drops is insane... dude would be one of the best to ever play the position if he caught 1/4 of the INT's he's dropped

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If that guy would catch, we Steeler fans would have him in the same league as Woodson and Blount..... His coverage abilities and athleticism are as good as any.

I thought he was considered a really good tackler, that little O'Le thing he did on Megatron's 79 yard interception not withstanding, I seem to recall others saying he was a good tackler.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    If that guy would catch, we Steeler fans would have him in the same league as Woodson and Blount..... His coverage abilities and athleticism are as good as any.

I thought he was considered a really good tackler, that little O'Le thing he did on Megatron's 79 yard interception not withstanding, I seem to recall others saying he was a good tackler.
    He is a good tackler but you are talking about a freak of nature... it's real hard to tackle a 6' 5" WR who is 250 lbs.