Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Ike's hands

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,258

    Ike's hands

    Just sayin' .......



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007
    We need a playmaker CB badly. Allen did well today, but man, Taylor was horrible in the 2nd qtr...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Just sayin' .......
    Been that way his whole career. If he could catch just a little,he would be up there with Bailey and Revis in their primes.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Been that way his whole career. If he could catch just a little,he would be up there with Bailey and Revis in their primes.
    Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

    Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

    Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.
    I stand by my statement.

  6. #6
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

    Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.
    Agree on all accounts. Add Sherman to that list. Ike isn't in that class. Never has been and never will be. It's that simple. He's been a VERY solid player but he's not in that category and he's certainly not worth the money we are paying him. If Ike was in his prime right now, he still wouldn't be worth 10m/year

  7. #7
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Worcester, MA, United States
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

    Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.
    Ike Taylor, Champ Bailey, Darrell Revis...uh oh

  8. #8
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Ike Taylor, Champ Bailey, Darrell Revis...uh oh
    There is no way in hell Ike Taylor's name belongs amongst those other two. Only a Steelers fan would think so...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There is no way in hell Ike Taylor's name belongs amongst those other two. Only a Steelers fan would think so...
    Champ Bailey was abused by Joe Flacco's "chuck 'em up and pray" technique in the playoffs last year worse than Ike ever has been.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Smart player knew the plays but has hands of stone! I am sure the rain did not help either defense. Ben should have been picked like 2 maybe 4 times? And yes there will be ANOTHER CB drafted this year. Still a major need.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •