Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike's hands

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There is no way in hell Ike Taylor's name belongs amongst those other two. Only a Steelers fan would think so...
    Champ Bailey was abused by Joe Flacco's "chuck 'em up and pray" technique in the playoffs last year worse than Ike ever has been.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Champ Bailey was abused by Joe Flacco's "chuck 'em up and pray" technique in the playoffs last year worse than Ike ever has been.
    hahaha.....that is the one play you bring up because of it's visibility. I get it. the homerism is incredible around here these days. At that time, Bailey was more acient than Ike at 34.5 years old.

Bailey is one of the best cover CBs to ever play the game and he can actually catch the ball. To put Ike into the same category as Bailey is humourous at best and proves that you can't be objective when critiquing the Steelers "favorites".
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bailey = overrated

Ike = underrated

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Bailey = overrated

Ike = underrated
    Let me clear this up for you...

Bailey = HOFer

Ike = Not a HOFer

And that's a fact. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Let me clear this up for you...

Bailey = HOFer

Ike = Not a HOFer

And that's a fact. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
    It's a good thing that my feelings aren't hurt, because I don't believe you...

Do you think Ike would trade his career for Bailey's?

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's a good thing that my feelings aren't hurt, because I don't believe you...

Do you think Ike would trade his career for Bailey's?
    What is there to believe? It's likely that Bailey is not only going to be a HOFer but a first ballot HOFer. You might not like the guy or think he's overrated but that is just the reality of it. Unfortunately for you, the majority of the people that matter in the HOF decision disagree with your assessment.

I don't know if Ike would trade his career for Bailey. It depends on what means most to him....

Ike - In the long run, be remembered by no one except Steelers fans and have 2 SB rings.

Bailey - In the long run, be remembered by everyone because he's enshrined in the HOF as one of the best cover CBs of all time but potentially have zero SBs unless they win it this year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

What is there to believe? It's likely that Bailey is not only going to be a HOFer but a first ballot HOFer. You might not like the guy or think he's overrated but that is just the reality of it. Unfortunately for you, the majority of the people that matter in the HOF decision disagree with your assessment.

I don't know if Ike would trade his career for Bailey. It depends on what means most to him....

Ike - In the long run, be remembered by no one except Steelers fans and have 2 SB rings.

Bailey - In the long run, be remembered by everyone because he's enshrined in the HOF as one of the best cover CBs of all time but potentially have zero SBs unless they win it this year.
    Oh, you aren't getting it...

I agree that Bailey, overrated as he is, is most likely a HoFer...7 time All Pro, all decade team, etc...

I didn't believe that you were sorry...

And, I don't think Ike would trade places with Bailey, but I do think Bailey would trade places with Ike...

But, that's just me...

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh, you aren't getting it...

I agree that Bailey, overrated as he is, is most likely a HoFer...7 time All Pro, all decade team, etc...

I didn't believe that you were sorry...

And, I don't think Ike would trade places with Bailey, but I do think Bailey would trade places with Ike...

But, that's just me...
    What good is are SB rings if you have no hands to put them on?

Sorry, couldn't resist but I think it's just you on this one. Players of Bailey's caliber aren't trading places to get a ring. No way would Bailey give up 52 INT's for 14.

That's crazy talk. Ike would definitely trade places IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist but I think it's just you on this one. Players of Bailey's caliber aren't trading places to get a ring. No way would Bailey give up 52 INT's for 14.

That's crazy talk. Ike would definitely trade places IMO.
    You r kidding right? Isn't the point of playing to Win SB's?? Ike, for me, is one of my more favorite Steelers of my lifetime. So yes, call me a homer but I think he is the best CB we have and have had for a while and want him to retire a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL - Ike doesn't have any rings. When they passed them out, Ike dropped his. Twice.