Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike's hands

Rookie

User Info Menu

Even good tacklers miss one on occasion...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He is a good tackler but you are talking about a freak of nature... it's real hard to tackle a 6' 5" WR who is 250 lbs.
    Exactly. 300lb DEs fall off Ben like flies. And Ben's about the same size as Megatron. Add in Calvin's speed and Ike had to try and grab him any way he could as fast as possible.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.
    I stand by my statement.

Starter

User Info Menu

The odd thing about Ike's lack of skill at catching a football,is that he started out as a tailback in college. Maybe that's why he changed positions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was anything we saw from Ike yesterday something we have not seen before? No. Is he still above average? IDK let the season play out. Would I look to draft a corner in 2014? Definitly.

Legend

User Info Menu

No, I made the distinction between the two passes Ike dropped today. That 2nd one he dropped, while catchable, is a Pass Defensed in my book. That 1st one could not have been thrown better, if he was the WR himself!

Remember a few years back, a kid named Joe Burnett. We were playing OAK, and OAKs QB (Gradkowski I think), floated a perfect pass TO BURNETT. The kid dropped it.

That went into the books as a pass defensed. But in reality, that INT (I believe) led directly to a game-winning TD. Instead of saving the game (in that case, but at least giving his team another possession), he lost it. Those are freebies. You and I both know, that NFL games ALWAYS seem to turn on just one play. That is the margin of error in this league. Five free opportunities to turn a game around in a season, mean A LOT.
    I remember that. Joe Burnett had a lot of promise as a rook. He was near the right hash, it hit him in chest and hands. I have this irrational feeling to this day that play turned our season the wrong way.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

heath had a huge drop in that oakland game, IIRC

led to an interception, I think.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Fk that sh!t. He does not deserve to be in the same breath as those guys! If Gay was 3 inches taller, .3 faster, and had quick feet, he's also be in Bailey/Revis air. But he's not.

Ike dropping balls like that isn't just a case of "If he had hands, he'd be a WR." Dropping balls like that 1st one are tantamount to getting burned on a bomb (which happened today too). He has at least 4-5 of those drops a year! Add that into his portfolio, with that context, and he's not the "shutdown CB" that he claims to be. Ike may be a solid player (proven over 10 years+ in the league). But please, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mention this guy in the same breath as Revis/Bailey.
    Agree on all accounts. Add Sherman to that list. Ike isn't in that class. Never has been and never will be. It's that simple. He's been a VERY solid player but he's not in that category and he's certainly not worth the money we are paying him. If Ike was in his prime right now, he still wouldn't be worth 10m/year
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ike Taylor, Champ Bailey, Darrell Revis...uh oh

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Ike Taylor, Champ Bailey, Darrell Revis...uh oh
    There is no way in hell Ike Taylor's name belongs amongst those other two. Only a Steelers fan would think so...
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.