Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we still think Haley is the problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

Do we still think Haley is the problem?

Put your personal feelings aside about Todd Haley the person. The Steelers have been putting up serious points. Can you imagine what we would be doing with a real OL?

Discuss.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still believe Haley is a problem?
    Did you watch the whole game?
    We scored points today in the no huddle.
    This is the 10th game of the season and it took this long?
    We still can't run the ball.
    Browns 2 TDs were a result of 2 missed tackles and then Ben scrambling.
    The lack of any kind of PA the first half was mind boggling especially since they were trying to run.
    The end around was an abomination.
    The screen to Paulson, WTF?
    The constant 2 TE sets with a single back and Bell gets hit 3 yds behind the line.
    Put a FN FULLBACK in for christs sake.
    Haley could be the Devil and still be our OC and i wouldn't mind if he was successful

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley is still part of the problem IMO. The OL sucks but this isnt shocking or unexpected. I know we need a few runs for balance but up the middle is a no go... off tackle please.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I still believe Haley is a problem?
    Did you watch the whole game?
    We scored points today in the no huddle.
    This is the 10th game of the season and it took this long?
    We still can't run the ball.
    Browns 2 TDs were a result of 2 missed tackles and then Ben scrambling.
    The lack of any kind of PA the first half was mind boggling especially since they were trying to run.
    The end around was an abomination.
    The screen to Paulson, WTF?
    The constant 2 TE sets with a single back and Bell gets hit 3 yds behind the line.
    Put a FN FULLBACK in for christs sake.
    Haley could be the Devil and still be our OC and i wouldn't mind if he was successful
    All valid points...Ben makes plays that Haley shouldn't get credit for.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

So why is it when we blame Haley when Ben turns the ball over and over again?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So why is it when we blame Haley when Ben turns the ball over and over again?
    No, I'm pretty sure Ben gets hammered more often than not on this board when he plays poorly and sometime when he plays good.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Ben gets hammered more often than not on this board when he plays poorly and sometime when he plays good.

Pappy
    Agreed...& to be fair remember that not all TOs are his fault
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't blame Haley for the Heath drop in the end zone, Ben missing a WIDE open Paulson in the end zone and a third drop right in the WR's hands in the end zone again (was it Brown?). There has to be some execution. And the o-line is a bunch of pussies when it comes to getting 1 damn yard. Embarrassing.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Can't blame Haley for the Heath drop in the end zone, Ben missing a WIDE open Paulson in the end zone and a third drop right in the WR's hands in the end zone again (was it Brown?). There has to be some execution. And the o-line is a bunch of pussies when it comes to getting 1 damn yard. Embarrassing.
    And you can't give him credit for the plays that Ben called from the no huddle today; which led to 3 of our 4 touchdowns. You can give him credit, or crap for his own playcalling, which led to our FGs and 3&outs. Seriously, this offense was on a roll when Ben was calling the plays early in the game. Then it seemed like Tdd got all butt hurt and just had to start calling plays ... the results, misguided screens, end arounds, and runs up the middle were ... predictable.
    So yeah, I still think Haley is the problem ... Ben just provided a band-aid for it today.
    but hey, a wins a win right?

Legend

User Info Menu

People who hate Haley are going to hate him no matter what happens. I'm fine with giving Ben credit but that was a ridiculous miss to a wide open TE with no pressure. The drops were horrible and should have been caught. The o-line is a joke in the running game. At some point players (many of them millionaires) need to earn their paychecks. I don't always love the play calling but there are tons of instances where things would work, and work well, if the players did their damn assignments.