Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we still think Haley is the problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    People who hate Haley are going to hate him no matter what happens. I'm fine with giving Ben credit but that was a ridiculous miss to a wide open TE with no pressure. The drops were horrible and should have been caught. The o-line is a joke in the running game. At some point players (many of them millionaires) need to earn their paychecks. I don't always love the play calling but there are tons of instances where things would work, and work well, if the players did their damn assignments.
    On closer inspection it looked like there was a defender who put his hand up and Ben tried to throw around him. Paulson was wide open though so Ben could've lobbed it to him.

Oh well... cant make every throw and WRs and TEs dropped passes as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes.Part of it anyway. Thanks for asking

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I will take 37 points of problem any game of the week.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Ben gets hammered more often than not on this board when he plays poorly and sometime when he plays good.

Pappy
    Ben gets ripped for sacks he takes when he has 1.2 seconds from snap to impact.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Put your personal feelings aside about Todd Haley the person. The Steelers have been putting up serious points. Can you imagine what we would be doing with a real OL?

Discuss.
    I think there's plenty of blame to go around for Haley, Ben, Heath, the WRs, the OLine. And I think it's completely fair to look at everyone closely to decide if they're doing all they can to support us winning.

Haley seems to do a lot of messed up stuff. He seems infatuated with formations that put 2-3 TEs on the field even though we don't have talent at those positions. His play calling borders on simple and predictable at times. We're still not protecting Ben, running the ball, converting in the RZ, etc.

I think there's a lot of things he could be doing better even with the personnel he has. And on the personal side, I don't think he's been the jagoff he's been everywhere else. He seems like an almost model citizen since he's come here compared to his last jobs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His play calling borders on simple and predictable at times.
    No offense flip to you, or anyone here. But I think Steeler fans tend to be the very self-absorbed, when they say this... Arians was also "so predictable", etc. Steeler fans like to act like they knew, but they probably ignore the times where they said, "Here comes a bubble screen" to the TV, and a bubble screen didn't come.

Otherwise, I agree with you that Haley is a bit in love with himself, in showing how smart he is schematically.

Backup

User Info Menu

There is that ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    No offense flip to you, or anyone here. But I think Steeler fans tend to be the very self-absorbed, when they say this... Arians was also "so predictable", etc. Steeler fans like to act like they knew, but they probably ignore the times where they said, "Here comes a bubble screen" to the TV, and a bubble screen didn't come.

Otherwise, I agree with you that Haley is a bit in love with himself, in showing how smart he is schematically.
    I thought Arians play calling and formations were often brilliant. That guy is way smarter than anyone ever gave him credit for while he was here.

I don't have the stats on Haley to back up what I'm saying, but if you watch the formations and situation, it often seems easy to know what's coming. Case in point - if Adams is lined up as a TE, we're running the ball.

Of course it's not every time, but there's a lot of predictable tendencies. And it feels like he's often holding Ben back. I can tell you, he surprised me twice in the last 2 weeks when he rolled Ben out of the pocket. That's something I was convinced I'd never see

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought Arians play calling and formations were often brilliant. That guy is way smarter than anyone ever gave him credit for while he was here.

I don't have the stats on Haley to back up what I'm saying, but if you watch the formations and situation, it often seems easy to know what's coming. Case in point - if Adams is lined up as a TE, we're running the ball.

Of course it's not every time, but there's a lot of predictable tendencies. And it feels like he's often holding Ben back. I can tell you, he surprised me twice in the last 2 weeks when he rolled Ben out of the pocket. That's something I was convinced I'd never see
    That all may be well and good. But, if your "genius" doesn't produce points...then what is the point?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That all may be well and good. But, if your "genius" doesn't produce points...then what is the point?
    it produced more points than the opposition most games.. especially in the playoffs.