Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do we still think Haley is the problem?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It's difficult to know exactly what's going on here. But we've seen and heard a few things that make you wonder:
    -Mike Tomlin wanted and expected Bruce Arians to return
    -ART said he was going to retire
    -ART tells Ben to tweak his game to stay healthy and reiterates he wants to run the ball more effectively
    -Todd Haley is hired, presumably to do what ART wants
    -First part of 2012, this plan seems to be headed in the right direction
    -Ben gets hurt anyway and we've been in decline ever since
    -Finally, Tomlin appears to inject himself last week and we put our foot on the gas offensively and play to our strengths in a signature win
    So, is Haley the problem? Or was ART's mandate to Haley the problem? Did Tomlin finaly ignore mandate and tell Haley and the offense what to do?
    Strange that Tomlin not only said he fired BA and hired Haley without Rooney's input or permission but he held a press conference to say it. So either he is a huge liar that would hold a press conference and lie to the press and fans or he did what he said he did. Tough choice.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Strange that Tomlin not only said he fired BA and hired Haley without Rooney's input or permission but he held a press conference to say it. So either he is a huge liar that would hold a press conference and lie to the press and fans or he did what he said he did. Tough choice.
    Or, he's a good soldier who takes the heat for his boss when he has to...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It wasn't until we abandoned the main reason that Haley was brought in here that we started to "explode". Our run stats from yesterday were abysmal. But if what we did yesterday is what we're good at, screw the traditional power run game. Make the no huddle / spread offense the staple from here on out. If short passes to Bell is our run game, so be it.
    Stop the myth. We have NEVER BEEN a big run team with Haley.
    So the lack of success had ZIP to do with trying too hard to run.

Haley brought the quicker short passing game. The difference is Ben is FINALLY buying into it, players like Bell are adding to it, and the team is getting better at it.
    In years past if Ben called the plays he would NEVER CHOOSE to do what he did Sunday and focus on getting rid of the ball quickly.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread, but, this has likely been posted

i.e., I'm not putting this game in this moron's hands again. Furthermore, you guys do realize that interceptions CAN be a product of trying to make something happen on an sucky play.

Apart from all that, it's VERY simple to me.

There are a handful of QBs in the league that are capable of winning a super bowl with an "above average" team... Brees, the Mannings, Rodgers, maybe one or two more in addition to ours.... Why wouldn't the organization take advantage of that while the guy is in (or near) his prime? If Peyton or Brady didn't like their OC, the OC would be fired, NOT given a second season. OC's are a dime a dozen... Franchise QBs are not. It's that simple. Anything else is a wasted discussion.
    Proof that Ben does not like Haley?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    yes, tough to say either way.. He could be a patsy or an advocate. I guess we'll never know for sure.

As to the run game, I think patience is of the essence. It will return, the off. line dictates those results not the RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    $$$$
    Yep. People are all so ready to dump on Rooney for all this, but Tomlin took ownership of it. I've not seen evidence that Tomlin is a liar. Until I see such evidence, I tend to take him at his word.

I think that after the 2011 season, because of our red zone woes, Tomlin felt compelled to make a change. Might he have been feeling some pressure from Rooney? Sure...but I doubt whether Art II told him exactly what to do. And I highly doubt that he told him to hire Haley. If Kirby Wilson hadn't gotten burned in that house fire, I think he'd have been Tomlin's OC choice.

And I think I've got just as much evidence for my opinions as the ARII haters have for theirs.

Legend

User Info Menu

On target! Cracks me up how some think Tomlin should just spew whatever he wants. He part of an established organization and team and his job is to be the good soldier not pander to fans desires and the media
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On target! Cracks me up how some think Tomlin should just spew whatever he wants. He part of an established organization and team and his job is to be the good soldier not pander to fans desires and the media
    Since when is not lying just "spewing whatever one wants" and "pandering to fans desires and the media"? Maybe some fans desire integrity.

Cracks me up how some folks are so ready to believe Tomlin lies (when he has no track record of doing such) but are so ready to believe someone like Obama tells the truth (when, well, you know...).

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$
    Yep. People are all so ready to dump on Rooney for all this, but Tomlin took ownership of it.
    Exactly. Tomlin took ownership of it...it doesn't mean that it was his idea or that he is a liar...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 11-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly. Tomlin took ownership of it...it doesn't mean that it was his idea or that he is a liar...
    Tomlin said HE chose to fire Arians and then to hire Haley. Was he being truthful in saying that? If you say no, then you are saying he lied, and if he lied, then, by definition, that would make him a liar. Doesn't matter if you call it being a "good soldier," or whatever.

I don't believe he lied.