Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Coach in the no huddle ... is it all Ben?" ... at post-game presser

Legend

User Info Menu

"Coach in the no huddle ... is it all Ben?" ... at post-game presser

(Paraphrasing) - "It's a mixture of Ben alone, and from Haley ... we have communication, it depends on any given play."

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Then give Haley at least some credit today...he didn't totally screw it up.

As far as Ben...who wants to trade him now?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is a very good bad weather QB, too. We play outdoors in Pgh, and then games in Cleveland and Cinci, not the best weather, and the atmosphere in Baltimore is chronicly putrid.
    We need a good bad weather QB., maybe best in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

It amazes me that no matter how many points this team puts up, people hate Haley.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I want Haley gone but I'll give him credit for using the no huddle exclusively today.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Team was doing well with the no-huddle to start the game & then in the 2nd quarter Haley takes over the play-calling with bad results although the drops didn't help. There are definitely some creative plays in their arsenal but most of the time it seems as though Ben is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t more often than not. Add to that the complete collapse of the O-Line & the running game is as embarassing as it is troubling.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd keep leaning heavily to the no-huddle as long as it keeps working.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It amazes me that no matter how many points this team puts up, people hate Haley.
    It doesn't amaze me at all. Fans always hate the OC.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It doesn't amaze me at all. Fans always hate the OC.
    Especially when the QB was calling the game most of the time in the no huddle and then the OC goes all "EGO" and starts calling plays which disrupt the flow of the offense. If Heath Miller says "BEN" called a great game, you better believe it was "BEN" that called the great game and not Haley.
    [url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/11/heath-miller-says-ben-roethlisberger-called-a-great-game-in-win-over-the-lions/[/url]

As Steel Life said above, this offense was rolling until Haley started exclusively calling plays. So yeah, I still don't like Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a lot of hate for Haley, but my guess is the sorry OL and Ben's recalcitrance has hampered Haley from trying to be any more creative.
    With absolutely no running game, I thought it was a huge positive that there was actually a few great throws to RBs. Hope we see more, especially to Bell, who can make plays.