Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Coach in the no huddle ... is it all Ben?" ... at post-game presser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

"Coach in the no huddle ... is it all Ben?" ... at post-game presser

(Paraphrasing) - "It's a mixture of Ben alone, and from Haley ... we have communication, it depends on any given play."

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Then give Haley at least some credit today...he didn't totally screw it up.

As far as Ben...who wants to trade him now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

Dee dub, why do you ask?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

I still do. If this game is played in Detroit, we lose and the call to clean house increases. All today's game did was increase what we can get for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is a very good bad weather QB, too. We play outdoors in Pgh, and then games in Cleveland and Cinci, not the best weather, and the atmosphere in Baltimore is chronicly putrid.
    We need a good bad weather QB., maybe best in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

It amazes me that no matter how many points this team puts up, people hate Haley.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It amazes me that no matter how many points this team puts up, people hate Haley.
    It doesn't amaze me at all. Fans always hate the OC.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It doesn't amaze me at all. Fans always hate the OC.
    Especially when the QB was calling the game most of the time in the no huddle and then the OC goes all "EGO" and starts calling plays which disrupt the flow of the offense. If Heath Miller says "BEN" called a great game, you better believe it was "BEN" that called the great game and not Haley.
    [url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/11/heath-miller-says-ben-roethlisberger-called-a-great-game-in-win-over-the-lions/[/url]

As Steel Life said above, this offense was rolling until Haley started exclusively calling plays. So yeah, I still don't like Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Especially when the QB was calling the game most of the time in the no huddle and then the OC goes all "EGO" and starts calling plays which disrupt the flow of the offense. If Heath Miller says "BEN" called a great game, you better believe it was "BEN" that called the great game and not Haley.
    [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/11/heath-miller-says-ben-roethlisberger-called-a-great-game-in-win-over-the-lions/[/URL]

As Steel Life said above, this offense was rolling until Haley started exclusively calling plays. So yeah, I still don't like Haley.
    We have no idea if all of bens plays worked and all of Haleys plays didnt. The fakebubble screen was a good call. The TD brown dropped was a good call. The 4th down play to Bell was good as well as the Will Johnson TD.

I'm not a Haley fan but this its getting old bashing the OC's all the time.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We have no idea if all of bens plays worked and all of Haleys plays didnt. The fakebubble screen was a good call. The TD brown dropped was a good call. The 4th down play to Bell was good as well as the Will Johnson TD.

I'm not a Haley fan but this its getting old bashing the OC's all the time.
    I'm not saying "all" of Ben's plays worked and "all" of Haley's plays failed. What I will say is that after we scored two touchdowns in the no huddle, we went to a slower, huddled offense ... the offense bogged down. Now, if we were in a huddle at that time, "I" would infer that Haley was making all/a majority of the calls. I'm not one to hide behind anything, so I'm going to say it flat out .. for "myself" I hate Haley as an our OC. That has nothing to do with any ArtII conspiracy theories etc. I just don't think the dude has a killer instinct; he's too passive. And I think that Ben called the majority of the game when we were scoring points (btw, so does Heath).