Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think he will get better as a NFL OLB. He just needs some season. But I would still move him around some. Did anyone notice if he and Worilds switched sides at all? I think that can work also.
    Yea, they switched some during the 2nd half. Jones got 1 of his batted balls from Woodley's side in the 4th.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he will get better as a NFL OLB. He just needs some season. But I would still move him around some. Did anyone notice if he and Worilds switched sides at all? I think that can work also.
    I agree. Really, I'm not down on the kid. I just don't see the pure, QB-hunting, physical ability of an Terrell Suggs or Aldon Smith or something. He does seem to be savvy, and have spunk. I think he has a lot of ability to just be a play-making OLB, more along the lines of Greg Lloyd and Peezy (who also weren't pure QB-hunters).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I agree. Really, I'm not down on the kid. I just don't see the pure, QB-hunting, physical ability of an Terrell Suggs or Aldon Smith or something. He does seem to be savvy, and have spunk. I think he has a lot of ability to just be a play-making OLB, more along the lines of Greg Lloyd and Peezy (who also weren't pure QB-hunters).
    Peezy, now that name brings back memories.... Miss that guy haha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Yea, they switched some during the 2nd half. Jones got 1 of his batted balls from Woodley's side in the 4th.
    When I seen him bat that ball I thought he came from the ILB spot. Thanks for the clarification on that sir.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Id rather have a James Harrison type making plays in the run D than some pure pass rusher like Smith or Robert Mathis
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

When I seen him bat that ball I thought he came from the ILB spot. Thanks for the clarification on that sir.
    To be honest he may have come from the ILB spot on that play because he did that some too, but he did line up at LOLB also.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Draft a true 3-4 outside backer Like Barr or Mack and let Jones try his hand inside. I mean,.. we wasted time, money and draft picks on undersized, project "Dungy's Colts " type 4-3 pursuit backers with very little collegiate productivity on their resumes and a very average collegiate 4-3 defensive tackle to do so for Timmons and placate Tomlin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Draft a true 3-4 outside backer Like Barr or Mack and let Jones try his hand inside. I mean,.. we wasted time, money and draft picks on undersized, project "Dungy's Colts " type 4-3 pursuit backers with very little collegiate productivity on their resumes and a very average collegiate 4-3 defensive tackle to do so for Timmons and placate Tomlin.
    Jarvis Jones was a true 3-4 OLB in college, one with a heck of a lot of college productivity.

Administrator

User Info Menu

There is no doubt the talent is there.

I did notice that last week (against the Bills) he was getting doubled or chipped on a frequent basis. That's a good sign considering the opposing team "respects" him enough to do that.

He has the tools. From a physical standpount, he needs to get stronger.

JJ is the least of my worries going forward with this team. What he lacks (i.e. strength) is easily correctable.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Jarvis Jones was a true 3-4 OLB in college, one with a heck of a lot of college productivity.
    Exactly. JJ is as "true" of an 3-4 OLB as you'll see in college.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.