Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 192

Thread: Jarvis Jones

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think he will get better as a NFL OLB. He just needs some season. But I would still move him around some. Did anyone notice if he and Worilds switched sides at all? I think that can work also.
    Yea, they switched some during the 2nd half. Jones got 1 of his batted balls from Woodley's side in the 4th.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think he will get better as a NFL OLB. He just needs some season. But I would still move him around some. Did anyone notice if he and Worilds switched sides at all? I think that can work also.
    I agree. Really, I'm not down on the kid. I just don't see the pure, QB-hunting, physical ability of an Terrell Suggs or Aldon Smith or something. He does seem to be savvy, and have spunk. I think he has a lot of ability to just be a play-making OLB, more along the lines of Greg Lloyd and Peezy (who also weren't pure QB-hunters).

  3. #13
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Worcester, MA, United States
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I agree. Really, I'm not down on the kid. I just don't see the pure, QB-hunting, physical ability of an Terrell Suggs or Aldon Smith or something. He does seem to be savvy, and have spunk. I think he has a lot of ability to just be a play-making OLB, more along the lines of Greg Lloyd and Peezy (who also weren't pure QB-hunters).
    Peezy, now that name brings back memories.... Miss that guy haha

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Yea, they switched some during the 2nd half. Jones got 1 of his batted balls from Woodley's side in the 4th.
    When I seen him bat that ball I thought he came from the ILB spot. Thanks for the clarification on that sir.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I agree. Really, I'm not down on the kid. I just don't see the pure, QB-hunting, physical ability of an Terrell Suggs or Aldon Smith or something. He does seem to be savvy, and have spunk. I think he has a lot of ability to just be a play-making OLB, more along the lines of Greg Lloyd and Peezy (who also weren't pure QB-hunters).
    Id rather have a James Harrison type making plays in the run D than some pure pass rusher like Smith or Robert Mathis
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    When I seen him bat that ball I thought he came from the ILB spot. Thanks for the clarification on that sir.
    To be honest he may have come from the ILB spot on that play because he did that some too, but he did line up at LOLB also.

  7. #17
    Draft a true 3-4 outside backer Like Barr or Mack and let Jones try his hand inside. I mean,.. we wasted time, money and draft picks on undersized, project "Dungy's Colts " type 4-3 pursuit backers with very little collegiate productivity on their resumes and a very average collegiate 4-3 defensive tackle to do so for Timmons and placate Tomlin.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Draft a true 3-4 outside backer Like Barr or Mack and let Jones try his hand inside. I mean,.. we wasted time, money and draft picks on undersized, project "Dungy's Colts " type 4-3 pursuit backers with very little collegiate productivity on their resumes and a very average collegiate 4-3 defensive tackle to do so for Timmons and placate Tomlin.
    Jarvis Jones was a true 3-4 OLB in college, one with a heck of a lot of college productivity.

  9. #19
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    There is no doubt the talent is there.

    I did notice that last week (against the Bills) he was getting doubled or chipped on a frequent basis. That's a good sign considering the opposing team "respects" him enough to do that.

    He has the tools. From a physical standpount, he needs to get stronger.

    JJ is the least of my worries going forward with this team. What he lacks (i.e. strength) is easily correctable.

  10. #20
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Jarvis Jones was a true 3-4 OLB in college, one with a heck of a lot of college productivity.
    Exactly. JJ is as "true" of an 3-4 OLB as you'll see in college.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •