Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It sounds like he needs Deebo as a lifting buddy.
    That and Kevin Greene teaching him pass rushing moves. Harrison didn't have many moves pass the bullrush.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so its okay to say a guy is gonna be a pro bowler in a few years based on a hunch but it isnt okay to call the guy a bust for what he has actually proven on the field thus far? interesting
    Troy sucked his rookie year. Concluding anything from a rookie year is unwise.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He needed to get stronger, we knew that. hes relentless in pursuit though, that should make up for his lack of explosion.

Would still rather have him over mingo, jordan, or werner
    Mingo and Jordan are looking like busts more than JJ is, IMHO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Troy sucked his rookie year. Concluding anything from a rookie year is unwise.
    But you saw unique physical abilities in Troy in terms of speed, quickness that you saw in no one else. Never thought he wouldn't be a star.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But you saw unique physical abilities in Troy in terms of speed, quickness that you saw in no one else. Never thought he wouldn't be a star.
    True. But JJ has some good skills. He isn't overly fast and certainly not overly strong or big. But I am willing to give him a little more time than just 1 year. Get that dude on some juice and in the weight room, then see what happens. Timmons seemed like a dud his rookie year too, and now he is one of our best players on the whole team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    True. But JJ has some good skills. He isn't overly fast and certainly not overly strong or big. But I am willing to give him a little more time than just 1 year. Get that dude on some juice and in the weight room, then see what happens. Timmons seemed like a dud his rookie year too, and now he is one of our best players on the whole team.
    Timmons was always explosive and always had that one thing you can't teach...speed! We all read about him running downfield covering WRs in training camp. Jones doesn't have that which is what concerns me.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Timmons was always explosive and always had that one thing you can't teach...speed! We all read about him running downfield covering WRs in training camp. Jones doesn't have that which is what concerns me.
    What are you talking about? Timmons gets torched by your WR-type TEs... And who is anyone kidding, Timmons SUCKED as a rookie and didn't even get very good until around his 3rd or 4th year. People have short memories.

Timmons isn't that fast. He was pretty fast as a rookie but he was weak... I remember watching him try to use his "speed" to simply run around LT and it didn't work 1 bit. The LT just pushed him upfield and as such, he ran himself out of the play. Fast forward to today...He's no where near as fast as he was especially considering how much bulk he added. Even though the bulk slowed him down a bit, he's now a better player and has the strength to hold up at ILB.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is the infatuation with calling someone a star or bust after 1 year?

Administrator

User Info Menu

If JJ could have only lived up to the standard that Timmons set as a rookie. All 13 combined tackles.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Name an LB who can cover the monster TEs of today, let alone WRs. Give me some names. If you come up with five I will be very surprised. And I mean five legitimate names, not bullshyte.