Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: You think *Haley* makes questionable calls??!!

  1. #1

    You think *Haley* makes questionable calls??!!

    Imagine being a Lions fan. Game on the line, well within FG range, and they put the game in the hands of ... the FG *holder*! Who gets tackled shy of the 1st down.

    Geesh!!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #2
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northborough, MA, United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Imagine being a Lions fan. Game on the line, well within FG range, and they put the game in the hands of ... the FG *holder*! Who gets tackled shy of the 1st down.

    Geesh!!
    I thought it was a GREAT call, if you know what I mean haha.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    I thought it was a GREAT call, if you know what I mean haha.
    I agree. I thought it was an excellent, gutsy call!

  4. #4
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northborough, MA, United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I agree. I thought it was an excellent, gutsy call!
    It was definatly gutsy, and if it works, we are all pissed and Detroit fans are happy... thank god it didn't and we responded with a 96 yard TD drive.. GAME WINNING TD drive I might add...

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    966
    If the kicker had held on to that ball we'd be singing a different tune. He had the first down, no?

  6. #6
    Backup AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northborough, MA, United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    If the kicker had held on to that ball we'd be singing a different tune. He had the first down, no?
    no I believe he was still short, they needed like 5 and would have had about 3.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,137
    I was glad Tomlin didn't make the same decision to go for a TD and decided kick a FG earlier in the game. Never know how a game will play out in the end so it's always best to take the points in a close game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •