Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heath Miller decline

Hall of Famer
    You do realize he did not practice most of the week due to non-football matter? That just might have something to do with it. Maybe his kid is having some medical setback. Guarantee that would be a huge impact on his pysche. Of all players, Heath deserves at least a couple of breaks...

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Heath's play is one of the main reasons this offense isn't working. And not having a capable #2 TE isn't helping things.

I do think Heath will get back to being Heath when he recovers fully. And this offense could really start to take off at that point. If possible, I'd try to add another top TE into this offense to compliment Heath.
    This. I love Heath as much as any Steelers fan. I'm not ready to say his time is done. The man is a WARRIOR! that said, it's time to groom someone behind him and Paulson and the Motley Crew behind him are not the ones I'd like to see groomed to eventually replace a LEGEND ... I feel the same about Landry Jones being groomed to replace Ben at some point ..

8 catches on 10 targets.

maybe I do need glasses to see all these drops.

Legend
    Heath isnt playing as well but he still has game left.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    that said, it's time to groom someone behind him and Paulson and the Motley Crew behind him are not the ones I'd like to see groomed to eventually replace a LEGEND ..
    I agree with you and Flippy, the stable of mediocrity behind Miller is uninspiring. Hopefully next years draft addresses this in some way.

Whether or not Miller can return to form, his cap hit makes him cost prohibitive anyway. He will not return without a drastic salary reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Dave Brian and David Todd who covers the team see what I see also. But keep your glasses on.
    That condescending clown from the depot and his nobody friend on the fringe of the media? That's Kaboly level of credibility there, which is to say, very little.

Another side effect of the knee has been limited practice and limited reps for Heath - tough to work on your timing.

Hall of Famer
    Miller has years left in him. He will look 100% next year. However, I do agree we need to spend a pick on a TE within the first three rounds.

Pro Bowler
    Paulson has no business playing in the NFL.

There is a difference IMO of dropping a pass and getting a ball jarred loose on a tough catch.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Paulson has no business playing in the NFL.

There is a difference IMO of dropping a pass and getting a ball jarred loose on a tough catch.
    I think Paulson wrote his own pink slip yesterday.