Thread: Lawdy, how I love that bubble screen. The FAKE one!

Legend

User Info Menu

Lawdy, how I love that bubble screen. The FAKE one!

On Cotch's 20-yard TD to the left side ... Ben pumped to the receiver in the back field ... the Lions, who had studied film, "knew" it was another of Haley's "stupid little bubble screens" ... both of the deep defenders bit hard and came in ... Cotch slips into the backfield and is WIDE open ... TD!!!

Watching it a few times [URL]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111707/2013/REG11/lions@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=recap[/URL] , I think the fake was the original call from the get go. I think all those failed bubble screens finally "paid off" in a win today. And I think that in the remaining games the bubble screen will be more successful, because now the opposing D has film about when the _fake_ bubble screen resulted in a deep TD.

Here we go, Steelers!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    On Cotch's 20-yard TD to the left side ... Ben pumped to the receiver in the back field ... the Lions, who had studied film, "knew" it was another of Haley's "stupid little bubble screens" ... both of the deep defenders bit hard and came in ... Cotch slips into the backfield and is WIDE open ... TD!!!

Watching it a few times [URL]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111707/2013/REG11/lions@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=recap[/URL] , I think the fake was the original call from the get go. I think all those failed bubble screens finally "paid off" in a win today. And I think that in the remaining games the bubble screen will be more successful, because now the opposing D has film about when the _fake_ bubble screen resulted in a deep TD.

Here we go, Steelers!
    Gotta X2 this. It was a great play design, and excellent execution by Cotch, also spot on throw by Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was a great play...the bubble screen isa popular play and we will continue to see it unfortunately.