Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Ben Again Being Ripped in Media

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,766

    Ben Again Being Ripped in Media

    "lack of film study".... "no progress in his game"..... "talent and athleticism only gets so far in the NFL"....

    we've heard these stories before and it's strange they are once again popping up..... maybe some truth? if you are generally frustrated with your offense, do you really want to put the time in? something is gonna have to give by season's end especially if lack of wins continue pile up. In the end, it's on Ben AND Haley.... both gotta own the offense.. both gotta make it work or one will move on...

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    "lack of film study".... "no progress in his game"..... "talent and athleticism only gets so far in the NFL"....

    we've heard these stories before and it's strange they are once again popping up..... maybe some truth? if you are generally frustrated with your offense, do you really want to put the time in? something is gonna have to give by season's end especially if lack of wins continue pile up. In the end, it's on Ben AND Haley.... both gotta own the offense.. both gotta make it work or one will move on...
    Can we get a link or reference? LOL...

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,766
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Can we get a link or reference? LOL...
    for one... on Colin Cowherd today.... (and of course, Ian R last night on NFLnetwork)... (wonder if Ben is putting Ian up to all of this....Ben ain't beyond manipulating the media)...

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,875
    Cowherd is a huge Steelers hater and still cries about the Seattle Super Bowl. Ian R quotes dubious (at best) sources and isn't wrting from NFL.com next season. Who cares what he thinks.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Cowherd is a huge Steelers hater and still cries about the Seattle Super Bowl. Ian R quotes dubious (at best) sources and isn't wrting from NFL.com next season. Who cares what he thinks.
    yep... they have to talk about something...might as well hit up a popular team to get some pub

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,339
    "When this stuff first came out after the game, I went to Mr. Rooney and Art Rooney and said, 'Listen, I hope you guys know that none of this is coming from me. I don't know where it's coming from.' I think they knew that. I just wanted them to hear that directly from me," Roethlisberger said.
    "Both of them said to me, 'Ben, this is ridiculous. It's not from us. We would never think about getting rid of you.' I don't know if it's necessary to go to them [again] because I believe what they told me last week."


    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...burgh-steelers

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep... they have to talk about something...might as well hit up a popular team to get some pub
    This. It's what the media does these days. They're not interested in reporting truth. They're interesting in attracting eyes & ears. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the league and they suck so far this year. So, how do you attract eyes and ears when the team is playing awful?.....

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    This. It's what the media does these days. They're not interested in reporting truth. They're interesting in attracting eyes & ears. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the league and they suck so far this year. So, how do you attract eyes and ears when the team is playing awful?.....
    stir it up.. now Ian is on everyone's lips and he can go on a few interviews and show them a paper trail of internet clicks.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Cowherd is a huge Steelers hater and still cries about the Seattle Super Bowl. Ian R quotes dubious (at best) sources and isn't wrting from NFL.com next season. Who cares what he thinks.
    Cowherd isn't a Steelers hater. He constantly identifies the Steelers as an organization that does things the right way and one of the elite in the NFL.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,822
    This is all just part of kicking a team when it is down. The Steelers right now are easy pickings because they have been so bad so every two-bit sports reporters is going to "invent" something and see how much run his story gets.

    This gets no traction if the Steelers are .500 or above but it is easy to go after a team that has been on top for so long now that you can kick them while they are down.

    If it doesn't come out of the Southside or a Steelers "insider" why would anyone believe it?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •