Thread: Levi brown

Backup

User Info Menu

Levi brown

I've been wondering what the story is with Levi Brown. I know he is on IR, but I see that some of the capologists have him down for a $6,000,000 hit for 2014. Is he still under contract for next year? Are we still paying him even though he never got on the field this year?
    Do we still owe the Cardinals a draft choice? Has he had surgury for his ailment and if so, is he a viable option for next season??
    Just wondering!

Legend

User Info Menu

No cap hit this year. I don't know what it is next.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

No cap hit this year...the Cardinals ate that. He will count us big $$$ against the cap next season if we keep him under his current contract. We don't owe any draft pick to the Cards, because he never played this season.

Unless he would agree to be cut and re-signed to a significantly less expensive deal, I don't think there's much chance he ever plays a game for the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    No cap hit this year...the Cardinals ate that. He will count us big $$$ against the cap next season if we keep him under his current contract. We don't owe any draft pick to the Cards, because he never played this season.

Unless he would agree to be cut and re-signed to a significantly less expensive deal, I don't think there's much chance he ever plays a game for the Steelers.
    Do the Steelers still get a draft pick from the cards? Could he not totally redo his deal to stay here?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brown will have to take a pay cut to stay on the roster. It may be to vet min. He has a workout bonus of $250,000 that carried over on his contract which goes to '16. Might be better for both parties to just cut him in the new league year & resign him if they want him in the mix. That would get rid of $6.25 mil off the cap next year with no dead money & you could get him for vet min which carries discount. I don't see anyone else signing him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Do the Steelers still get a draft pick from the cards? Could he not totally redo his deal to stay here?
    No draft picks exchanged because I believe he had to be on the active roster for 5 weeks for compensation to go through. The way the deal went down...It turned into a possible high reward no risk. If he doesn't want to take a pay cut...Cut him. If he takes a pay cut in '14 to stay on team and goes out and wins a starting spot he is under contract until '16 ($5.25 mil each year). At any time before week 1 in any year you could cut him & no dead money or guaranteed contract.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

thanks JPN!