I said "one of".
    Bruce Smith was a 4-3 DE, no?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Bruce Smith was a 4-3 DE, no?
    Bruce Smith: I played my whole career in a 3-4. My whole career with the Bills, 13 years. We did, at some point in time when Wade came in, experiment with a 4-3, but just did not have it, whether it was the personnel or our not being able to get a grasp on it, we didn’t stick with it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heyward continues looking like one of our best defenders. He's becoming a tackling machine at DE. Getting pressure. Getting his hands on the ball.

6 more tackles and 2 knocked down passes. He's slowly becoming a beast.

Surprisingly, Ziggy wasn't that bad on the other side. He was productive. Maybe Ziggy's a better fit for Keisel's spot?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Heyward is probably the best young talent on this team right now. I think JJ will show a HUGE improvement next year as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Heyward is probably the best young talent on this team right now. I think JJ will show a HUGE improvement next year as well.
    On defense, yes, those two are easily the best young talents. I'd still throw Cortez Allen into that mix as well.

I think that DD is also a good young talent, and may rival Heyward for the title of best young talent on the team.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Over the last four games, Heyward has recorded the following:

23 tackles
    2 sacks
    3 passes defensed

If he can keep up that pace, he'd have 50+ tackles, 5 sacks and 7 passes defensed...and he didn't even start the whole season...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Decastro is living up to his billing. I honestly think that Decastro and Velasco at guard with Pouncey in the middle would be an INCREDIBLE interior line.You'd have guys that could pull both ways, including the center. talk about opening up the playbook.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Decastro is living up to his billing. I honestly think that Decastro and Velasco at guard with Pouncey in the middle would be an INCREDIBLE interior line.You'd have guys that could pull both ways, including the center. talk about opening up the playbook.
    That's if Velasco can play G. I read a few opinions that he is a much better C than G. I'm not sure of the validity. If that is the case, it might make more sense to place Pouncey at G.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman would almost suggest that Pouncey's best value to the organisation might come in the form of a trade.

Velasco at Center has proven to be more than funtional, DeCastro looks good & Foster has been very good too. Pouncey's rookie contract is up when?

Trade him for a couple of draft picks & keep getting younger.

Besides, Chadman thinks there are character issues with that one.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S