Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna lay low for a while....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Right, but in Seferian-Jenkins case he was twice the legal limit and so far drunk that he lost control and crashed his car.
    Glass houses Dee, glass houses.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it is a valid discussion point at this juncture. I don't mind that you constantly talk about it as long as you are not simply saying the same thing over and over. I enjoy reading your rationale and your defense of your point (and all of your other points). Sometimes, I disagree, but I am glad you are here. Finally, I think it is great that you are considering the board at large and what is right for it. To me, that shows that you are a righteous dude!
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right, but in Seferian-Jenkins case he was twice the legal limit and so far drunk that he lost control and crashed his car.
    There is no point in arguing BAC. They both were over legal limit. A DUI is a DUI. It's Friday...Let shoot the $hit! 3 out of 5 that walk out of a bar are over the legal limit & one of the sober ones is a DD. I'm a big boy and been drinking My Dad's hard cider out of the barrel with a garden house before I was 10. I drink once a month if I am lucky today. I'm 335 & if I consume a 6 pack over 2 hours I'm legally drunk. But give me a rifle then & I could still dump a clip in a chew can at 100 yards. If I get behind a wheel...That is a bad decision by me. Never been in trouble with the law. Another debate could be about being caught versus being a good boy. Have I been behind a wheel when I think I would be over? I would have to say yes. But 99% of the time I have a DD or the party is at my house. We all know why we get behind the wheel at that point...We think we are using good judgment because we don't feel anything after a wedding or party. I think the ratio of who has to who hasn't favors the ones who have. It is wrong & irresponsible regardless if you get pulled over or not. Remember that when we past judgment. Thankfully they didn't kill anyone. Since it is their first...A mistake. What they do from there is what makes the man.

You mentioned Lyerla. I assume you know that is more like Apples to road kill. Lyerla has trouble following him since High School. He walked away from his team & more important his education. We are also talking about an illegal substance with a high addiction rate. He is getting help & maybe he could turn his life around. The kid showed his talent but that is not a factor right now. He has allot to do before he comes back on many peoples radar including mine. If he could make things right with himself & convince people the past is the past...He deserves a 2nd chance. He just won't be that big of an investment for a team that he would have been if his life didn't take that turn. Seferian-Jenkins & Skov's incidents will impact their draft status some even if they stay out of trouble. Seferian-Jenkins may get pushed out of the 1st & Skov may fall through the 3rd. Lyerla may be a 1st round ""football talent" that falls out of the draft if he can't fix his rep.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 11-15-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..on the trading of Ben. Seems to be upsetting many. So I will give it a rest. However, after a few more loses (and they are coming), I am willing to bet there is going to be some internal issues that surface. And this topic will also re-surface. And we will hear more from Steeler sources.

But I will let it go for now. Enjoy.
    Listen if we all had the same opinion this board would not be as good as it is!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Listen if we all had the same opinion this board would not be as good as it is!

$$$$$$

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    "I'm gonna lay low" ... and start a new thread on the Steelers trading Ben .

Dee Dub you crack me up.
    Right? I'm patiently awaiting the "I'm considering starting another thread about Ben being traded" thread. CAN'T. WAIT.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..on the trading of Ben. Seems to be upsetting many. So I will give it a rest. However, after a few more loses (and they are coming), I am willing to bet there is going to be some internal issues that surface. And this topic will also re-surface. And we will hear more from Steeler sources.

But I will let it go for now. Enjoy.
    Might want to extend your delay. Ben had a good game and some clutch plays today ... not perfect, but very good, and very "Ben".

I imagine you're feeling good about the game today, fellow planetarian.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know this hurts... but since Ben played so well maybe we can get 3 first rounders for him now.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-17-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

What I find interesting is people getting banned who are not violating board rules. What is up with DD getting banned from here?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I find interesting is people getting banned who are not violating board rules. What is up with DD getting banned from here?
    Are you sure about this