Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yeah the Steelers would never consider trading Ben Roethlisberger

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh and you do realize we were 7-6 last year with Ben and lost 5 of the 6 by 3 points.
    I'm not at desperate quite yet.
    Unhappy, dissappointed yes.
    Desperate is what the Browns have been the last 10 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    By healthy i meant
    Adams-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert to start and make it past the first game.
    Adams and Gilbert have pretty much sucked to this point and Pouncey and DeCastro have not been what they were billed to be. And both have struggled. That's the hope you have for this team?

No wonder you do not see the value in trading Ben at this point. You see these guys as value at O-line.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Right? Never. [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d817ab5f4/article/steelers-discuss-roethlisberger-trade-with-raiders-rams-say-no"]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d817ab5f4/article/steelers-discuss-roethlisberger-trade-with-raiders-rams-say-no[/URL]
    We are clearly not comparing apples to apples here. Two different time frames for two totally different reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more i think about it, the more i blame this season on stupidity.
    Cutting Dwyer
    Signing Mesko
    Having Felix Jones return kicks.
    Haley's gameplans
    Having Paulson on the field
    Letting Adams play as long as he did against Minny
    Clock management
    Not using the no huddle more often....
    Don't get me wrong, Ben has made mistakes but he still has the determination to right the wrongs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade Ben Dee and get what?
    Two more potential Mike Adams' or Glibert's?
    The rest of the NFL would seem to disagree with you on Pouncey because he seems to be voted best center in the NFL.
    Never said Adams was valuable right now.
    I think O-line coaching carousel has to a lot with the development of our O-lineman.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Trade Ben Dee and get what?
    Two more potential Mike Adams' or Glibert's?
    The rest of the NFL would seem to disagree with you on Pouncey because he seems to be voted best center in the NFL.
    Never said Adams was valuable right now.
    I think O-line coaching carousel has to a lot with the development of our O-lineman.
    I believe the two extra first round picks are picks inside the top 15, and 1 of them top 10. Those are not Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert who were both 2nd round picks.

Pouncey...you have seen with your own eyes has struggled mightily in pass protection.

Personally i believe the Steelers can get more than 2 1st round picks for Ben. Teams are desperate for a QB. One they think is the last piece for them to get to a super bowl.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Repeating the same thing over and over again won't make it true... there is no way we get to picks inside the top 15 for trading Ben. Impossible... how, how the hell do we get 2 extra picks in the top 15?

Teams aren't that desperate and every team who has reached for a Palmer or Herschel was burned badly..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Repeating the same thing over and over again won't make it true... there is no way we get to picks inside the top 15 for trading Ben. Impossible... how, how the hell do we get 2 extra picks in the top 15?

Teams aren't that desperate and every team who has reached for a Palmer or Herschel was burned badly..
    And I don't get how a team that has all the pieces except for a QB is picking in the top end of the draft? And then we're going to get another top 15 pick the following year from the perfect team with the perfect QB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just say we got a team like the Browns to give us 2 1st rounders, how would you pay them in 3 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

bouchette, a beat reporter for the team, came on espn live to say that was never true.

brought up to sort of 'scare' ben straight