Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodley's Contract?

Keep trying Pete to come up with a way solve the Steeler problems. This isnt going to work. They are a going to have to cut a lot more people than you think. 41 players under contract that go against a cap that is over $15 million dollars next year. How do they fit the other 14 players to fill the 55 man roster?

Trading Ben and the haul that the Steelers could get in return is the fastest way to bring this team back to where it needs to be. I hate the idea of trading Ben but I know this is what is best for the Steelers.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Keep trying Pete to come up with a way solve the Steeler problems. This isnt going to work. They are a going to have to cut a lot more people than you think. 41 players under contract that go against a cap that is over $15 million dollars next year. How do they fit the other 14 players to fill the 55 man roster?

Trading Ben and the haul that the Steelers could get in return is the fastest way to bring this team back to where it needs to be. I hate the idea of trading Ben but I know this is what is best for the Steelers.
    BB will get reworked/extended. Miller will get years added. Levi Brown will have to take a cut or be released. Those three alone will put the Steelers under the cap. One top of that Troy or Ike will have to take a pay cut or be released too. Pouncey will get an extension along with Heyward. That is plenty of operating room under rule 51 and for all of the rookie pool & even some FAs if they want.