Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wallass.................

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Did he really fade away? Or is he REALLY just a one trick pony, where Bruce Arians and Big Ben were able to maximize its potential and the fins just aren't able to?
    yes.. thus far he has faded away.. how many times have you seen Wallace on ESPN or NFLN this year making a play?

Maybe they figure it out in Miami but right now??? Dude is a bust when you look at the money spent on him. I clicked on a link to a Miami newspaper and fans are calling him butterfingers and asking why they paid so much for a player who needs the ball to be perfect for him to catch it.

I think the biggest problem with Wallace is his best years were with a different OC and we CLEARLY saw a drop off when he was asked to do other things in our O with Haley.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I clicked on a link to a Miami newspaper and fans are calling him butterfingers and asking why they paid so much for a player who needs the ball to be perfect for him to catch it.
    That's what I've been saying since last season: Mike Wallace can only catch perfectly-thrown passes in wide-open spaces. If the coverage is too tight, he loses focus. If he has to go across the middle, he turtles up. If the ball is less-than-perfectly-thrown, he won't bother with it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No pride or professionalism. A classic "me first" attitude.

That is why guys like Calvin Johnson are so impressive. Best in the game and still gives 100% every play.
    Not true Ovi because he was already that guy when he got paid. It was a huge blunder by the team in this case. I am sure that the Steelers FO spent most of last season thanking their lucky stars that Wallace had rejected them. Once his true colors began to show I'm sure they wanted no more of his act.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not true Ovi because he was already that guy when he got paid. It was a huge blunder by the team in this case. I am sure that the Steelers FO spent most of last season thanking their lucky stars that Wallace had rejected them. Once his true colors began to show I'm sure they wanted no more of his act.
    hmm... I'm pretty sure our FO would have been happy if Wallace signed our offer. His production would be twice as high with Ben extending plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

yes.. thus far he has faded away.. how many times have you seen Wallace on ESPN or NFLN this year making a play?

Maybe they figure it out in Miami but right now??? Dude is a bust when you look at the money spent on him. I clicked on a link to a Miami newspaper and fans are calling him butterfingers and asking why they paid so much for a player who needs the ball to be perfect for him to catch it.

I think the biggest problem with Wallace is his best years were with a different OC and we CLEARLY saw a drop off when he was asked to do other things in our O with Haley.
    him getting open deep was what really won them the game vs cincy last week (keeping our season somewhat relavant) but folks like to pick and choose their arguments, i guess

anyone got a pic of sanders dropping a pass (where the camera actually showed his eyes closed)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    him getting open deep was what really won them the game vs cincy last week (keeping our season somewhat relavant) but folks like to pick and choose their arguments, i guess

anyone got a pic of sanders dropping a pass (where the camera actually showed his eyes closed)
    The play where he drew a flag? I wouldnt say it won the game but it helped. I still think fans would prefer he caught that pass that hit him in the hands earlier in the game.

Look at most sites or newspapers and you will see fans ripping him for his lack of effort and dropped passes.

I dont have a pic of Sanders but he is still a Steeler so I want him to succeed

Legend

User Info Menu

Look at most sites or newspapers and you will see fans ripping him for his lack of effort and dropped passes.
    I think it's the fantasy football culture that dominates the modern fan experience. Most players we all know by their stat lines and highlights. But most of us only really watch a team every week and see some other random teams when our team isn't playing. So most Miami fans knew of and were excited by Wally because of his fantasy production. But now they get to see him every week like we did and they quickly realize, for a guy getting paid that much, he's got a lot of gaps in his game. And that missed expectation is probably making things worse for him as he adjusts.

That and the Lebron James effect on Miami. That town thinks every high priced FA is gonna lead them to championships. Again, their expectation of Wally was out of whack.

It's almost like going to a movie. If you go in thinking its gonna be the best movie you've ever seen and it's only pretty good, you're coming out of the theater a little bummed.

Legend

User Info Menu

where are all the wallass supporters?
    there should be a ton on here flaming me for talking bad about him. where did the 'pay the man' crowd go?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it's the fantasy football culture that dominates the modern fan experience. Most players we all know by their stat lines and highlights. But most of us only really watch a team every week and see some other random teams when our team isn't playing. So most Miami fans knew of and were excited by Wally because of his fantasy production. But now they get to see him every week like we did and they quickly realize, for a guy getting paid that much, he's got a lot of gaps in his game. And that missed expectation is probably making things worse for him as he adjusts.

That and the Lebron James effect on Miami. That town thinks every high priced FA is gonna lead them to championships. Again, their expectation of Wally was out of whack.

It's almost like going to a movie. If you go in thinking its gonna be the best movie you've ever seen and it's only pretty good, you're coming out of the theater a little bummed.
    They are really getting on him about the lack of effort on the last play and his poor hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

The play where he drew a flag? I wouldnt say it won the game but it helped. I still think fans would prefer he caught that pass that hit him in the hands earlier in the game.

I dont have a pic of Sanders but he is still a Steeler so I want him to succeed
    and i want the steelers to succeed. namely their offense to get better. it has struggled for years.

it will not get better(like everyone here said it would) every time a lower round draft pick outplays his rookie contract and we let him go for nothing . it will not get better (like everyone here said it would) when they trade a former 1st round pick and former SB MVP for a low round draft pick.
    it will not get better when all you do is depend on late round draft picks (thank god we got a find in AB) to fill out your WR corps.

take a look around the league. offenses are scoring at an all time clip. see who the guys catching those TDs are. Big, fast, Top end talent (for the most part)