Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Lions!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Bring on the Lions!!!!

I think this is going to be a good game. The Lions have some talent, but they're not quite as good as their record imho. And the Steelers have some talent and aren't so bad. We're definitely going to have our work cut out for us, but I think we can do it.

Offensively, we're going to have to figure out how to deal with Suh and Fairley. I'm really bummed that Foster is hurt because I was looking for this to be his breakout performance against Suh where the world was going to take notice of how well he's been playing. We may want to spread out Detroit to negate the pass rush. I think this makes a lot of sense because they are susceptible to the passing attack. We just need to give Ben some time. And it's not likely we're going to run well against the Lions because they're fairly good. They also lack discipline and will probably take some penalties to help us out. I'd like to see a little more Dwyer in this game to help protect Ben in the backfield to give him more time to get the ball downfield.

Defensivelty, we're going to have to deal with one of the best passing games and the best WR in the game. We're going to need a big game from Ike and I expect it. The only challenge is going to be the jump balls and Ike's going to need help over the top. Most likely that means Troy because Clark can't cover. Then we also have to worry about Reggie Bush in the middle of the field and that's going to be a challenge for Timmy. If I were Lebeau, I'd consider making the quarter D my base package against the Lions so I could use Troy in the box to help Timmy stop Bush and then I'd use Golden over the top on Megatron because Golden might actually be our best DB with some ball awareness. If they don't use Golden over the top, maybe they could use Tez to double Calvin. Golden and Tez might be out best bets to help Ike play the jump balls on the outside. I really do think we're going to need to do something different. Stafford is a tough QB to sack, but he will make some ocassional mistakes and we need to get up early and try to force some turnovers.

ST could be the big swing factor in this game. Brown's been looking like he's ready to break a punt return. I think Sanders might have a KR in him. And Detroit has given up some yards on KRs. I'd like to see us try to sneak Sanders in there a little more to bust one. I just got a feeling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Depends upon what warm bodies the Steelers can find to man the OL. This could be the game that undoes Roethlisberger for the season. Lions pass-rush is pretty daunting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Depends upon what warm bodies the Steelers can find to man the OL. This could be the game that undoes Roethlisberger for the season. Lions pass-rush is pretty daunting.

Our OL is going to be Sunday brunch for the Lions DL. This could be the game that Ben gets hurt.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need to get off to a good start offensively! Cuz we aren't stopping them.

Legend

User Info Menu

we can only hope for bad weather.
    the lions score a ton of points, we dont.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just don't see us blocking those two up front. Someone is going to be on an island EVERY play at OT and they're gonna get killed.

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread went from optimism to gloom and doom pretty quickly! This is the game where Ben's wife is begging him to get rid of the ball QUICKLY.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    This thread went from optimism to gloom and doom pretty quickly! This is the game where Ben's wife is begging him to get rid of the ball QUICKLY.
    I think getting rid of it quickly is the key. I think IF we do that, we walk away with a W

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys do realize that the Lions are 1 of 4 teams with less sacks than we have, right? The Bills and Ravens are #2 and #3 in sacks in the league vs the Lions being #29. If Ben didn't get killed by the Ravens or Bills, he'll be fine against the Lions.

As a result of not being able to generate pressure, they give up the 27th most passing yards per game. We should be able to throw on them pretty easily with our O getting better.

They are not as good as their player's fantasy football stats indicate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You guys do realize that the Lions are 1 of 4 teams with less sacks than we have, right? The Bills and Ravens are #2 and #3 in sacks in the league vs the Lions being #29. If Ben didn't get killed by the Ravens or Bills, he'll be fine against the Lions.

As a result of not being able to generate pressure, they give up the 27th most passing yards per game. We should be able to throw on them pretty easily with our O getting better.

They are not as good as their player's fantasy football stats indicate.
    They may be at the bottom now, but wait until they get a shot at our offensive line.