Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foster Has High Ankle Sprain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that's all I've ever said.

play vs dollars, he has been a very good deal for the steelers.
    and that's fair. i'm just saying i can see why he had detractors based solely on his play if you take the dollars out of the equation. but even that has to go away now because he's just good now. and i'd even say he's better value now even though we're paying him more because his level of play went up at a greater rate than his contract this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see what you're saying, but the dollars have to factor in.

plus, he has always played to the whistle and just a little after.

I just think he has been a little undervalued around here, that's all. No big deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see what you're saying, but the dollars have to factor in.

plus, he has always played to the whistle and just a little after.

I just think he has been a little undervalued around here, that's all. No big deal.
    I hear ya. I tend to forget about the dollars when watching the games and sometimes look at the guys as if they all are getting paid the same and just judge them based on play. In that regard, we should probably give more credit to a guy like Steve McClendon who looks much better when you take his dollars into account even though his play is often subpar relative to other 3-4 NTs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nah.

mclendons performance is putrid.

foster has always seemed to hold his own as a starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nah.

mclendons performance is putrid.

foster has always seemed to hold his own as a starter.
    There are many who do this (evaluation) as a job, who would disagree with you. Any I've read, say he is doing a respectable job overall (not taking into account he's a first-year starter and his salary).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I always wanted to move him out to LT to see what he could do. I think our future LT is already on this roster. I know I'm in the minority, but between Foster, Levi Brown, and Adams, we have a LT somewhere in that mix. The OL will continue to gel as 2013 goes along and will be a strong part of the team in 2014 and beyond. I'd kick Pouncey out to LG and keep Velasco at C.The right side is fine as-is..
    There is definitely a LT in that mix; he just isn't above the line for the NFL.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

believe what you want flip.

his play vs his cap hit has been a great deal for the steelers over the life of his career, not just this year.

seemingly the only guy who can stay healthy, plays multiple positions, and not very penalized.

never understood the grief this guy gets here.
    I think most of the grief has come for a few reasons, number one he wasn't a high draft choice and number two the offensive line has been consistently inconsistent to poor throughout his career, so he gets grief. He is a good value compared to what the Steelers are getting from guys like Adams and Gilbert and their draft position.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

that's all I've ever said.

play vs dollars, he has been a very good deal for the steelers.
    Yes he has. You don't need an all pro at every position to have a good offensive line. With premium draft picks at every other position (at least before the season started), you should be fine with an average OG.