Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Leaving Might be Ben's Best Bet

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dubs he isn't spot on. He said Ben isn't to blame for the offensive woes. Well if he isn't then I don't know who is. He certain had a HUGE role in how poorly this O has rolled.
    "There are problems in Pittsburgh. The QB is not one of them." -Phil Simms after the Steelers' loss to the Patriots
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Phil Simms is wrong.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dubs he isn't spot on. He said Ben isn't to blame for the offensive woes. Well if he isn't then I don't know who is. He certain had a HUGE role in how poorly this O has rolled.
    No he doesn't... neither does the o-line, the RBs, the WRs, the TEs... It is all Haley's fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben: I’d retire before accepting a trade

On Sunday, reports surfaced that the Pittsburgh Steelers anticipated a trade request from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at the end of the season. The report focused on the poor relationship between Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley, along with unhappiness with the direction the team was headed.

As it turns out, Roethlisberger called the reports “the most B.S. story” he had ever heard and said that they were completely untrue.

He recently expanded on those comments.

“I’d retire before I’d accept a trade,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I mean, it would have to be something really, really unbelievable for me to even consider it. I have talked to my wife about that. I don’t want to be anywhere else. This is where we want to be.

“This is where I want to raise my kids. I’m a Pittsburgher. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don’t want to play for anybody else. This is it for me. This is home.

“When I said I’ll never quit last week, I meant it. I’ll never quit on this season, this team or these fans. I’m going to stay on the ship. I don’t care if we never win another game, I want to stay on the ship.”

For Steelers fans, this is great news.

Quarterback is the least of their concerns and Roethlisberger has plenty left to offer the organization.

Of course, first they will need to retool the roster, and potentially the coaching staff, in order to get the team in the right direction and ensure that they maximize their talent.

[url]http://fansided.com/2013/11/11/ben-roethlisberger-id-retire-accepting-trade/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campai gn=Trending%20on%20FS[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems to me that the Steelers F/O is trying to plant the seeds of doubt here and not Ben. Sort of like Bruce Arians "retirement".
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Ben: I’d retire before accepting a trade

On Sunday, reports surfaced that the Pittsburgh Steelers anticipated a trade request from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at the end of the season. The report focused on the poor relationship between Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley, along with unhappiness with the direction the team was headed.

As it turns out, Roethlisberger called the reports “the most B.S. story” he had ever heard and said that they were completely untrue.

He recently expanded on those comments.

“I’d retire before I’d accept a trade,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I mean, it would have to be something really, really unbelievable for me to even consider it. I have talked to my wife about that. I don’t want to be anywhere else. This is where we want to be.

“This is where I want to raise my kids. I’m a Pittsburgher. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don’t want to play for anybody else. This is it for me. This is home.

“When I said I’ll never quit last week, I meant it. I’ll never quit on this season, this team or these fans. I’m going to stay on the ship. I don’t care if we never win another game, I want to stay on the ship.”

For Steelers fans, this is great news.

Quarterback is the least of their concerns and Roethlisberger has plenty left to offer the organization.

Of course, first they will need to retool the roster, and potentially the coaching staff, in order to get the team in the right direction and ensure that they maximize their talent.

[URL]http://fansided.com/2013/11/11/ben-roethlisberger-id-retire-accepting-trade/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campai gn=Trending%20on%20FS[/URL]

Everyone forgets that Ben has a wife now who is a Pittsburgh native with soon to be two young kids. She is also a professional who has career ties to the area. Don't think for a second that she would have any desire to move away from her family and have her parents and Ben's parents miss out on their grandchildren. I can believe it whn Ben says he would retire. He probably has made enough money to be very comfortable.

The problem ISN'T Ben. It is the terrible Off Line that we have that make the offense totally ineffective no matter who the QB, or Off Coord, is.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 11-12-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen
    I’d retire before I’d accept a trade,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    I believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen
    “I mean, it would have to be something really, really unbelievable for me to even consider it.
    But why did he have to add that?? Would another $100M deal to play in Arizona for his friend Bruce Arians be "really unbelievable" ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Everyone forgets that Ben has a wife now who is a Pittsburgh native with soon to be two young kids. She is also a professional who has career ties to the area. Don't think for a second that she would have any desire to move away from her family and have her parents and Ben's parents miss out on their grandchildren. I can believe it whn Ben says he would retire. He probably has made enough money to be very comfortable.

The problem ISN'T Ben. It is the terrible Off Line that we have that make the offense totally ineffective no matter who the QB, or Off Coord, is.
    Agreed. You can never underestimate the power of the wife. Every guy is different but just ask the Edmonton Oilers about Chris Pronger. He got traded up there and lasted for 1 season when he demanded a trade due to "personal reasons". It was reported and widely known his wife (from St Louis) HATED Edmonton and laid down the law. Unless Mr.s Big Ben is on board with moving to AZ (or anywhere), its not going to happen. If he signs a contract extension, Ben will have been paid over $100 M by the Steelers by the time he retires. There shouldn't be any offer that would sway him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Seems to me that the Steelers F/O is trying to plant the seeds of doubt here and not Ben. Sort of like Bruce Arians "retirement".
    Exactly. The report was from a Steeler source. Not from Ben. Not from his agent. And what really is the smoking gun here is the comment added about PITTSBURGH fielded offers for Big Ben last off season and the TEAM expects to answer the phone again in 2014.

Here it is exactly how it came down...

"Team sources expect Roethlisberger to ask the [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT"]Steelers[/URL] to [URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/399557204199899137"]explore a possible trade[/URL] in the offseason, Rapoport was told. Pittsburgh fielded trade offers for [URL="http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile"]Big Ben[/URL] last off season and the team expects to answer the phone again in 2014."

Why was that part added? Think about it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can someone who doesn't believe this rumor to be true answer me these questions?

If this was true would Ben come out and say it was?

If it was true and Ben confirmed it so, would it be difficult for him to finish out the rest of this season?

If it were true and Ben confirmed it so, how would the fans, his teammates inside the locker room, and the ever attacking media respond?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash