Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Madden: Leaving Might be Ben's Best Bet

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The world is much bigger than a message board. Kudos on wanting a QB when no one else on the Trib did. However, I'm telling you that others DID want a QB... especially in Pittsburgh... lol. They always want another QB in Pittsburgh.

Dont fool yourself into thinking a message board is more than it is...
    Never said it was more. You said there was a difference between the fan on the street and a fan on a message board. But here you go again. Changing, altering what I actually said.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For the record, I wanted Ben but didn't think the Steelers would get him. Of course, I live about 40 minutes from Miami, Ohio so that could be a big part of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Never said it was more. You said there was a difference between the fan on the street and a fan on a message board. But here you go again. Changing, altering what I actually said.
    I cant change or alter your words on a board.... lol. There YOU go again trying to play victim.

Congrats, you get a cookie for going against the Trib board but 30 or 40 people on a message board arent the same as thousands of fans in Pittsburgh. I lived there and trust me, the city wasn't thinking long term with Tommy.

I was in Pittsburgh the weekend of the Pats game and fans aren't in love with Ben.... Pittsburgh has never been a QB town so chill out on the idea of acting like you were the only one who wanted a QB drafted that year.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-13-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That makes no sense. The league is past the trade deadline and he still has 7 games to go. That's 7 games to face Steeler fans, his teammates, and the media. If he wanted out it would be stupid to say something now. Of course he has to deny it.

Somebody with in the organization knows something and it was leaked out. I bet we will hear more about this after a few more loses and a whole lot more after the season.
    That "somebody" believes the organization is fielding trade offers. Sure that is a possibility. We should listen to any and all offers.....why not. However there is a HUGE difference in we field calls and Ben wants out. HUGE. That said if he wanted out here was his ticket. He and his agent simply spin it to they don't want me so I'll go where I'm wanted. End of story. That makes no sense to you? I'm no PHD but this isn't that unique a case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    That "somebody" believes the organization is fielding trade offers. Sure that is a possibility. We should listen to any and all offers.....why not. However there is a HUGE difference in we field calls and Ben wants out. HUGE. That said if he wanted out here was his ticket. He and his agent simply spin it to they don't want me so I'll go where I'm wanted. End of story. That makes no sense to you? I'm no PHD but this isn't that unique a case.
    My point has never been about what Ben wants. It's about a Steeler source leaking this rumor. Of course Ben is going to say what he did. How can he face the fans, the media and his teammates the rest of the season if he confirmed the rumor to be true?

This is about the Steelers not wanting to resign Ben to a long term contract this off season. He is going to want that. Count on it. He'll want Joe Flacco money.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

My point has never been about what Ben wants. It's about a Steeler source leaking this rumor. Of course Ben is going to say what he did. How can he face the fans, the media and his teammates the rest of the season if he confirmed the rumor to be true?

This is about the Steelers not wanting to resign Ben to a long term contract this off season. He is going to want that. Count on it. He'll want Joe Flacco money.
    You keep saying he wants Flacco money... Ben already had his huge payday with his last contract.

He will end up with a deal similar to Brady's like this.

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-contract/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

It's about a Steeler source leaking this rumor.
    Dub, the Steeler "SOURCE" was confirmed as saying they wouldn't be surprised if Ben looked for a trade.
    It was a persons opinion.
    It could've been Haley for all we know.
    If someone asked me about the chances of Obama being impeached and i said i wouldn't be surprised, would that make it fact or opinion?
    Do you get it now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Dub, the Steeler "SOURCE" was confirmed as saying they wouldn't be surprised if Ben looked for a trade.
    It was a persons opinion.
    It could've been Haley for all we know.
    If someone asked me about the chances of Obama being impeached and i said i wouldn't be surprised, would that make it fact or opinion?
    Do you get it now?
    I almost thought Dub was using Fox News logic. But he's in CA and no one out there watches Fox News.

I'm still not convinced that one of his posts isn't the source of the rumor.