Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Leaving Might be Ben's Best Bet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I don't disagree with a lot of what he says. ARIII has been a disaster as leader. Haley and Tomlin do not inspire confidence. Big Ben would love a shot to play for Arians where Arians calls the shots as HC. But, I think it is unlikely. I think the Steelers won't trade Ben for the simple reason that they are risk averse. They do not want to take a chance on starting over with a rookie QB who may not pan out. And if he didn't pan out, they certainly don't want to be told that they were foolish to trade Ben.
    And if ARIII is behind this latest rumor, he' may be a bigger disaster than we gave him credit for. I think Tomlin inspired confidence before ARIII forced him to retire Arians. Now Tomlin is starting to be seen more and more as a figurehead unfortunately.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Madden
    there is no true No. 1 receiver.
    That's something to debate. 1st in receptions, 5th in reception yards and first downs, 8th in yards per game.
    I'd like to see him at the top of the list in the TD category , but A. Brown is putting up some decent numbers as the #1 on this team.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing can and will release the stupid from all sides. Mark Madden and 1 or 2 more have revealed theirs...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And if ARIII is behind this latest rumor, he' may be a bigger disaster than we gave him credit for. I think Tomlin inspired confidence before ARIII forced him to retire Arians. Now Tomlin is starting to be seen more and more as a figurehead unfortunately.
    ARII wasn't behind this rumor...Ian Rapoport was. In an interview today, Rapoport revealed that all he had was a tip he got that LAST season, a team had inquired about trading for Ben. Based on that, Rapoport made up the whole story.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ARII wasn't behind this rumor...Ian Rapoport was. In an interview today, Rapoport revealed that all he had was a tip he got that LAST season, a team had inquired about trading for Ben. Based on that, Rapoport made up the whole story.
    Of course, none of this would have been an issue if the Steelers were 7-2 right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh my goodness!! Some of you hear what you want to hear. This is what Rappaport said today....

“Here are the basics. From talking to several people on various sides of this, and there are a lot of sides of this, Ben is not happy with the direction of the team, with the offensive coaches. I should say with the coaches and not just Todd Haley, “Rapoport said.
    “I would not be surprised if most of the offensive staff turned over after this year, and Steelers sources also wouldn’t be surprised if Ben asked them to explore possible [URL="http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/nfl-networks-ian-rapaport-clarifies-stands-behind-statement-on-ben-roethlisberger/#"]trade options[/URL] at the end of this season.”

“You read the tweets from Steelers fans, and I really appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, and it’s like ‘well obviously you just woke up this morning and decided to throw something against the wall.’ Well, no,” Ian said.
    “It was about probably thirty-five seconds on the air, but it’s a long process to get there to make sure you’re talking to the right people, talking to people who have first hand knowledge of what you’re going to say. I talked about it with our producers, our editors, there’s a certain process of making sure that what I’m saying is not hearsay and comes from the right people and what you saw was the result on air yesterday.”
    [URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/nfl-networks-ian-rapaport-clarifies-stands-behind-statement-on-ben-roethlisberger/[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh my goodness!! Some of you hear what you want to hear. This is what Rappaport said today....

“Here are the basics. From talking to several people on various sides of this, and there are a lot of sides of this, Ben is not happy with the direction of the team, with the offensive coaches. I should say with the coaches and not just Todd Haley, “Rapoport said.
    “I would not be surprised if most of the offensive staff turned over after this year, and Steelers sources also wouldn’t be surprised if Ben asked them to explore possible [URL="http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/nfl-networks-ian-rapaport-clarifies-stands-behind-statement-on-ben-roethlisberger/#"]trade options[/URL] at the end of this season.”

“You read the tweets from Steelers fans, and I really appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, and it’s like ‘well obviously you just woke up this morning and decided to throw something against the wall.’ Well, no,” Ian said.
    “It was about probably thirty-five seconds on the air, but it’s a long process to get there to make sure you’re talking to the right people, talking to people who have first hand knowledge of what you’re going to say. I talked about it with our producers, our editors, there’s a certain process of making sure that what I’m saying is not hearsay and comes from the right people and what you saw was the result on air yesterday.”

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/nfl-networks-ian-rapaport-clarifies-stands-behind-statement-on-ben-roethlisberger/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Dude you do not read or listen very well. No one ever said ARII was behind the rumor. Rappaport said yesterday a "Source" but never revealed who that source was. And today in his clarification he said no such thing that all he had was a tip he got last season.

Where do you guys get this stuff?

Read it for yourself. His exact words.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Oh my goodness!! Some of you hear what you want to hear.
    Ian Rappaport reports only quality info, just like The Enquirer
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Ian Rappaport reports only quality info, just like The Enquirer
    Nobody has said that either. But at least get it correct what he actually said.