Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley - Indirect Comment from Dwayne Bowe

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this one gets thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. It's not the OC, it is the putrid offensive line. Look at the evidence. Two separate Off Coord with completely different approaches and the same result. The only consistent thing is both OCs had an OL that is clearly in the bottom half of the NFL.

The OL is the problem. Until it is really fixed we will struggle offensively.
    I actually agree with this. The OL is the problem.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this one gets thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. It's not the OC, it is the putrid offensive line. Look at the evidence. Two separate Off Coord with completely different approaches and the same result. The only consistent thing is both OCs had an OL that is clearly in the bottom half of the NFL.

Same Result??? 2010-11 we were 12-4 , Haleys 2 years 8-8 and 3-6.....not the same result
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah... we had RZ issues and a drought for a few games when Ben would sit out while nursing injuries but we were always explosive with BA.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I cant imagine anyone defending haley at this point.

the guy is a disaster.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be surprised if he isn't fired before next season.

And yes, I'm just SPECULATING.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I cant imagine anyone defending haley at this point.

the guy is a disaster.
    I'm defending him, in saying that we as fans do not see the whole picture.

The slow starts are a problem. But people are banging the drum on Haley, as if we were the worst offense in the league, or somewhere near the bottom. We are a one-dimensional offense (slowly becoming two-dimensions w/Bell), and we rank in the middle of the pack offensively. While that is not cause for celebration... If you are going to heap blame on him for our offense's troubles, you should also acknowledge his role in whatever success our offense has.

I just don't like the change-for-change's-sake thought. You might get the ideal OC to replace him, but that doesn't mean much either. I remember Mike Martz coming back into the league (after the Greatest Show on Turf), and everyone thought he'd light up the scoreboard. It did nothing of the sort. People thought Charlie Weis would transform at least the offenses of programs he subsequently went to. (He didn't). The point is: All those episodes did for those teams, was delay push their timetables back, as those guys obviously didn't turn out to be the answer.

If you saw fit to hire a guy, you should give that guy a full shot. Otherwise, you should fire yourself (for hiring someone who was so ill-prepared for the role).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm defending him, in saying that we as fans do not see the whole picture.

The slow starts are a problem. But people are banging the drum on Haley, as if we were the worst offense in the league, or somewhere near the bottom. We are a one-dimensional offense (slowly becoming two-dimensions w/Bell), and we rank in the middle of the pack offensively. While that is not cause for celebration... If you are going to heap blame on him for our offense's troubles, you should also acknowledge his role in whatever success our offense has.

I just don't like the change-for-change's-sake thought. You might get the ideal OC to replace him, but that doesn't mean much either. I remember Mike Martz coming back into the league (after the Greatest Show on Turf), and everyone thought he'd light up the scoreboard. It did nothing of the sort. People thought Charlie Weis would transform at least the offenses of programs he subsequently went to. (He didn't). The point is: All those episodes did for those teams, was delay push their timetables back, as those guys obviously didn't turn out to be the answer.

If you saw fit to hire a guy, you should give that guy a full shot. Otherwise, you should fire yourself (for hiring someone who was so ill-prepared for the role).
    100% agree if Tomlin actually hired Todd Haley and there is no way of knowing that piece of information. If Haley was forced on him then I can see taking a drastic stance before the end of the season; if Tomlin hired him, then he'll be given ample opportunity to succeed or be the right guy, otherwise, Tomlin would be better served firing himself as you said.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    100% agree if Tomlin actually hired Todd Haley and there is no way of knowing that piece of information. If Haley was forced on him then I can see taking a drastic stance before the end of the season; if Tomlin hired him, then he'll be given ample opportunity to succeed or be the right guy, otherwise, Tomlin would be better served firing himself as you said.

Pappy
    Well said by both you and "Shoe"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

So much for Bowe's judgement and intelligence

Riverside Police confirmed to FOX 4 Tuesday morning that an officer arrested Chiefs’ wide receiver Dwayne Bowe on Sunday for speeding and possession of marijuana. The police department also sent out a news release with further details. The news release is as follows:
    Shortly before midnight on November 10th a Riverside Police Officer was parked on West Platte Road and NW Business Park using radar to check for speed violations when a black, 2011 Audi A8 registered a speed of 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. The police officer, in a marked police car, subsequently stopped the car on West Platte Road at Riverside Street.
    While questioning the driver the Officer detected a strong odor of marijuana from inside of the vehicle. The officer then requested the driver and two passengers to get out of the vehicle. Once out of the vehicle the Officer explained to the driver, who owned the vehicle, that he was a K-9 Officer and that the dog would alert to an illegal substance. Subsequently, inside of a black bag the officer discovered the wallet of the driver and vehicle owner, Dwayne L. Bowe, and two containers that had 6.6 grams and 3.8 grams respectively of what is believed to be marijuana in them. Bowe was then placed under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. The K-9 alerted to a black backpack and inside of that was found a container that had 4.2 grams of what is believed to be marijuana in it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

So much for Bowe's judgement and intelligence
    A somewhat ironic defense when Todd Haley is involved.