Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley - Indirect Comment from Dwayne Bowe

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCrash View Post
    Outstanding observation. That's exactly what Art II's offense is.

7-8 man OLs, every run up the middle.

Fans blaming Ben for that endzone pick in NE? They had 1 WR and Heath covered by six Patriots, 8 men blocking and Ben still got pressured. He couldn't do anything but chuck it and hope.

Had ARIANS designed the same play? Local media would have killed him.

But the same local geezers who hated BA? Are doing their best to save Dick Haley's boy.
    Thank God for the national media pointing out the total train wreck that is this offense. And actually, as much as we have been ragging him ... Rappaport really helped grease the slide as far as getting rid of Haley.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    80% of our plays are 3 yard or less.... seemed like we didnt run a 10 yard pattern until the 2 minute warning before the half.
    And I wonder, is this guy such an idiot that he doesn't have variable levels for routes on his pass plays ... OR, is it that our WRs are to small to get off the line and thus the patterns don't get completed? Moye seems to get deep enough on his patterns (when he's allowed to actually suit up in lieu of a smurf), but after seeing what he can do ... and what Ben can do with him, they decide to let him rot on the bench rather than get experience and develop into a useful part of the offense.

Not saying Moye would be an All-Pro, or even a Pro Bowler .. but, with his height and toughness, he could grow into being a valuable addition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In 2012, the offense clicked well for the first 9 games of the season. It sputtered, when Ben got hurt.

This year (2013), the offense was short-circuited in large part, by our inept LT. I'm curious to see if any, the change in offensive output since (Adams was replaced).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Haley's offensive scheme invites, may I say BEGS you to stack the line and run tight coverage ... and then doesn't make you pay for it. It's like "slap me in my mouth .. and I won't do anything about it". Now, he has gotten better at calling a few deep routes during the course of a game ... But, that only started happening when the media kinda sorta joined us fans in calling for his head.
    His jumbo package with Cotchery as the single WR is laughable. That basically puts 10 guys in the box.

It's also not helping anything to have a RB that's too slow to be a threat to run outside the tackles. Not only are we begging the opposing D to load up the box, but to load up and crash the middle of the LOS.

And having TEs that have no impact on the passing game just invite more guys into the box. And we've just given up and added an extra tackle at TE.

It's as if Haley has designed the offense for a weak armed Jon Kitna type QB. And that means less field for the opposing D to defend. It's just mind boggling what we're trying to do. How do you take Ben's skillset and build an offense around draw plays and bubble screens? I really don't get it??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His jumbo package with Cotchery as the single WR is laughable. That basically puts 10 guys in the box.

It's also not helping anything to have a RB that's too slow to be a threat to run outside the tackles. Not only are we begging the opposing D to load up the box, but to load up and crash the middle of the LOS.

And having TEs that have no impact on the passing game just invite more guys into the box. And we've just given up and added an extra tackle at TE.

It's as if Haley has designed the offense for a weak armed Jon Kitna type QB. And that means less field for the opposing D to defend. It's just mind boggling what we're trying to do. How do you take Ben's skillset and build an offense around draw plays and bubble screens? I really don't get it??
    The package he runs with Adams, Miller and I guess Palmer is awful. It's at the level of 5 wides on 3rd and 1 in a blizzard.

I also don't care for his constant shuffling of players. Would it kill Haley to leave some versatile personnel on the field (say, 3 wides, Bell and Miller/Will Johnson) for an entire series? It seems like the constant shuffling of players could contribute to the lack of rhythm that you see on offense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bowe was just arrested for speeding and marijuana possession...forgive me if I decide not to take what he says to heart...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Bowe was just arrested for speeding and marijuana possession...forgive me if I decide not to take what he says to heart...
    Practically no one thinks weed should be illegal anymore. Every NFL player should be on it with the beating these guys take. It's way better than getting addicted to pain meds. And no one besides James Harrison can take getting stuck with a billion accupuncture needles a week.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Practically no one thinks weed should be illegal anymore. Every NFL player should be on it with the beating these guys take. It's way better than getting addicted to pain meds. And no one besides James Harrison can take getting stuck with a billion accupuncture needles a week.
    Feelings regarding marijuana aside, it speaks to the poor judgment of the player...

Legend

User Info Menu

that doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't take his word when it comes to being sober or straight edge but what the hell does speeding and smoking have to do with evaluating a coach?

Legend

User Info Menu

Feelings regarding marijuana aside, it speaks to the poor judgment of the player...
    i think it speaks to his love of weed and fast cars.