Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Todd Haley - Indirect Comment from Dwayne Bowe

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this one gets thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. It's not the OC, it is the putrid offensive line. Look at the evidence. Two separate Off Coord with completely different approaches and the same result. The only consistent thing is both OCs had an OL that is clearly in the bottom half of the NFL.

    The OL is the problem. Until it is really fixed we will struggle offensively.
    I actually agree with this. The OL is the problem.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this one gets thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. It's not the OC, it is the putrid offensive line. Look at the evidence. Two separate Off Coord with completely different approaches and the same result. The only consistent thing is both OCs had an OL that is clearly in the bottom half of the NFL.

    The OL is the problem. Until it is really fixed we will struggle offensively.
    Same Result??? 2010-11 we were 12-4 , Haleys 2 years 8-8 and 3-6.....not the same result

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this one gets thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. It's not the OC, it is the putrid offensive line. Look at the evidence. Two separate Off Coord with completely different approaches and the same result. The only consistent thing is both OCs had an OL that is clearly in the bottom half of the NFL.

    The OL is the problem. Until it is really fixed we will struggle offensively.
    Nah... we had RZ issues and a drought for a few games when Ben would sit out while nursing injuries but we were always explosive with BA.

  4. #14
    I cant imagine anyone defending haley at this point.

    the guy is a disaster.

  5. #15
    I'd be surprised if he isn't fired before next season.


    And yes, I'm just SPECULATING.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I cant imagine anyone defending haley at this point.

    the guy is a disaster.
    I'm defending him, in saying that we as fans do not see the whole picture.

    The slow starts are a problem. But people are banging the drum on Haley, as if we were the worst offense in the league, or somewhere near the bottom. We are a one-dimensional offense (slowly becoming two-dimensions w/Bell), and we rank in the middle of the pack offensively. While that is not cause for celebration... If you are going to heap blame on him for our offense's troubles, you should also acknowledge his role in whatever success our offense has.

    I just don't like the change-for-change's-sake thought. You might get the ideal OC to replace him, but that doesn't mean much either. I remember Mike Martz coming back into the league (after the Greatest Show on Turf), and everyone thought he'd light up the scoreboard. It did nothing of the sort. People thought Charlie Weis would transform at least the offenses of programs he subsequently went to. (He didn't). The point is: All those episodes did for those teams, was delay push their timetables back, as those guys obviously didn't turn out to be the answer.

    If you saw fit to hire a guy, you should give that guy a full shot. Otherwise, you should fire yourself (for hiring someone who was so ill-prepared for the role).

  7. #17
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm defending him, in saying that we as fans do not see the whole picture.

    The slow starts are a problem. But people are banging the drum on Haley, as if we were the worst offense in the league, or somewhere near the bottom. We are a one-dimensional offense (slowly becoming two-dimensions w/Bell), and we rank in the middle of the pack offensively. While that is not cause for celebration... If you are going to heap blame on him for our offense's troubles, you should also acknowledge his role in whatever success our offense has.

    I just don't like the change-for-change's-sake thought. You might get the ideal OC to replace him, but that doesn't mean much either. I remember Mike Martz coming back into the league (after the Greatest Show on Turf), and everyone thought he'd light up the scoreboard. It did nothing of the sort. People thought Charlie Weis would transform at least the offenses of programs he subsequently went to. (He didn't). The point is: All those episodes did for those teams, was delay push their timetables back, as those guys obviously didn't turn out to be the answer.

    If you saw fit to hire a guy, you should give that guy a full shot. Otherwise, you should fire yourself (for hiring someone who was so ill-prepared for the role).
    100% agree if Tomlin actually hired Todd Haley and there is no way of knowing that piece of information. If Haley was forced on him then I can see taking a drastic stance before the end of the season; if Tomlin hired him, then he'll be given ample opportunity to succeed or be the right guy, otherwise, Tomlin would be better served firing himself as you said.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    100% agree if Tomlin actually hired Todd Haley and there is no way of knowing that piece of information. If Haley was forced on him then I can see taking a drastic stance before the end of the season; if Tomlin hired him, then he'll be given ample opportunity to succeed or be the right guy, otherwise, Tomlin would be better served firing himself as you said.

    Pappy
    Well said by both you and "Shoe"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,718
    So much for Bowe's judgement and intelligence


    Riverside Police confirmed to FOX 4 Tuesday morning that an officer arrested Chiefs’ wide receiver Dwayne Bowe on Sunday for speeding and possession of marijuana. The police department also sent out a news release with further details. The news release is as follows:
    Shortly before midnight on November 10th a Riverside Police Officer was parked on West Platte Road and NW Business Park using radar to check for speed violations when a black, 2011 Audi A8 registered a speed of 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. The police officer, in a marked police car, subsequently stopped the car on West Platte Road at Riverside Street.
    While questioning the driver the Officer detected a strong odor of marijuana from inside of the vehicle. The officer then requested the driver and two passengers to get out of the vehicle. Once out of the vehicle the Officer explained to the driver, who owned the vehicle, that he was a K-9 Officer and that the dog would alert to an illegal substance. Subsequently, inside of a black bag the officer discovered the wallet of the driver and vehicle owner, Dwayne L. Bowe, and two containers that had 6.6 grams and 3.8 grams respectively of what is believed to be marijuana in them. Bowe was then placed under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. The K-9 alerted to a black backpack and inside of that was found a container that had 4.2 grams of what is believed to be marijuana in it.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So much for Bowe's judgement and intelligence
    A somewhat ironic defense when Todd Haley is involved.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •