Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger makes his WRs better

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steel-tex View Post
    I would love to see Ben play behind a good O line - not even a great one - just good. It must be so frustrating to wonder who is going to miss a block or not pick up a blitz next ? How am i going to be pounded into the turf and from which direction. Ben does things that no others do - for him to show boat his abilities we need a O line that can pass block. Our line sucks.
    Welcome to the board and you are right on the mark with your first post. Our OL is terrible. Put Ben behind a good or great OL and he would be as good as any QB in the league.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Eh Chadman, I'm not completely buying what you are selling here. While I agree some of the OL woes are on Ben...the fact is this...our OL is really that bad. They don't open up holes in the running game. And there are many many sacks where an OLman just got manhandled, or a guy came free untouched.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Eh Chadman, I'm not completely buying what you are selling here. While I agree some of the OL woes are on Ben...the fact is this...our OL is really that bad. They don't open up holes in the running game. And there are many many sacks where an OLman just got manhandled, or a guy came free untouched.
    There were plays in the last game where Foster was pushed straight back into Ben like he was on roller skates. Same for Whimper. Those two names equal 40% of the problem with our OL and Shawn is right on the mark---they aren't good as a group. Only Pouncey and DeCastro are legit NFL starters.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"