Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I bet this thread continue for 20 pages even though the rumor has been squashed
    Squashed? This is only the beginning. Just wait after a few my losses.

Team sources expect Roethlisberger to ask the [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT"]Steelers[/URL] to [URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/399557204199899137"]explore a possible trade[/URL] in the offseason, Rapoport was told. Pittsburgh fielded trade offers for [URL="http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile"]Big Ben[/URL] last offseason and the team expects to answer the phone again in 2014.

Do you guys not know what this means? It means two things.

One, it wasnt Ben and Ben's camp that leaked this about Ben. It was team sources. Of course Ben would have it squash. And that came right at the start of the game. And you call that, crowd control. He still has plenty of games left to play as a Steeler this season. I think Ben would prefer that Steelers fans didnt know he felt this way until the end of the season. And since it was team sources who released this information, that means that they are laying the ground work, so that when they do trade a franchise QB, their fan base believes they had no choice but to trade an unhappy player.

This is just the beginning. It is going to be an interesting off season.

And the second thing this means, team sources is letting the rest of the league know he is available again this next off season, and it is going to take a lot to get him (like more that what was offered last season). In other words, "Come strong, or don't come at all!!"
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 11-11-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Been good with Roethlisberger exiting stage left for years. I do have a question though,....do you think it's possible that he could take Tomlin, Timmons, Hood, Jones, Worilds and the "Young Money" midgets with him ?

Rookie

User Info Menu

"Team sources"? Which team? The article doesn't say...this could have easily come from the Arizona Cardinals....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

''I'm a Pittsburgher,'' Roethlisberger said. ''I've told people that. I'm so proud to raise my kids here. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don't want to play for anybody else. This is it for me.''

I wonder if Ben has lost some of his fire since getting married and having a kid, soon to be 2. Perhaps he is coming to understand that all the punishment he has taken is going to leave him seriously messed up down the line to where he can't play with his kids like he wants to.

I don't see the Ben that used to step out on the field, the guy who would celebrate touchdowns with the gunslinger moves. I don't see the same fire anymore.

Would Ben step away from football if the Steelers cut him and just call it a career?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    ''I'm a Pittsburgher,'' Roethlisberger said. ''I've told people that. I'm so proud to raise my kids here. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don't want to play for anybody else. This is it for me.''

I wonder if Ben has lost some of his fire since getting married and having a kid, soon to be 2. Perhaps he is coming to understand that all the punishment he has taken is going to leave him seriously messed up down the line to where he can't play with his kids like he wants to.

I don't see the Ben that used to step out on the field, the guy who would celebrate touchdowns with the gunslinger moves. I don't see the same fire anymore.

Would Ben step away from football if the Steelers cut him and just call it a career?
    I suggested the same in another thread. Ben has been beaten to hell and back. He's gone through 2 rape allegations. He's gotten married. And he's had children. You add this all up and I think it knocked his edge off. He's still a very good QB but I don't see the same killer instinct. Deep down, is he the same guy with the "it factor" who can be down one score at the end of a big game and WILL the team to victory?

Starter

User Info Menu

Wasn't Ben's gunslinger TD celebration in the AFC championship game vs Denver? In the 2005 season? He was like 23 or 24 when he was doing the "gunslinger." I'm glad at 32 he's not still doing it.

Players don't have to "celebrate" to have passion. Just like coaches don't have to scream and spit in players faces to be effective.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Wasn't Ben's gunslinger TD celebration in the AFC championship game vs Denver? In the 2005 season? He was like 23 or 24 when he was doing the "gunslinger." I'm glad at 32 he's not still doing it.

Players don't have to "celebrate" to have passion. Just like coaches don't have to scream and spit in players faces to be effective.
    Yes, but the point is valid I think. It's been a while since Ben produced magic at the end of a game. Annual sack-induced beatings, rape allegations with ensuing awful press, marriage, children - will soften up any guy.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree,that stuff is for fans.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kovacevic: Ben will never quit on Steelers

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5039855-74/roethlisberger-steelers-ben#axzz2kJ2zoKs3[/URL]

Give it a rest, already.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind seeing another gunslinger celebration in the first half of an AFCCG after his 3rd TD pass...