Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Why do you need a quote from Colbert saying he went to see Bridgewater? The fact that he is there should speak volumes. He doesnt take a trip mid season to go see a WR who is probably a 3rd round pick.

That's hardly surprising; the Jags are in desperate need of a franchise quarterback. And so is this: Buccaneers director of scouting Eric Stokes will also be there. But this should raise a few eyebrows: [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers"]Steelers[/URL] GM Kevin Colbert will be there, too.
    So what's that all about?
    The simple answer: Colbert is doing his due diligence.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24063043/20-nfl-teams-expected-to-watch-teddy-bridgewater-on-thursday[/URL]
    when that game aired the espn sideline reporter said there were 20 GMs there and scouts from 28 teams.
    being that he plays a so so schedule, maybe they wanted to get first hand knowlege against one of their tougher opponents

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And there's a good chance we turn those picks into Ziggy and Mendy. Might as well just dump Ben's body in the river if that's what we're gonna get.
    I doubt that very seriously. Those two first rounders will more than like be top 15 picks. And one even as high as a top 10. That's not Ziggy and Mendy territory.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Why do you need a quote from Colbert saying he went to see Bridgewater? The fact that he is there should speak volumes. He doesnt take a trip mid season to go see a WR who is probably a 3rd round pick.

That's hardly surprising; the Jags are in desperate need of a franchise quarterback. And so is this: Buccaneers director of scouting Eric Stokes will also be there. But this should raise a few eyebrows: [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers"]Steelers[/URL] GM Kevin Colbert will be there, too.
    So what's that all about?
    The simple answer: Colbert is doing his due diligence.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24063043/20-nfl-teams-expected-to-watch-teddy-bridgewater-on-thursday[/URL]
    This is taken directly from your article:

"If the Steelers have a top-5 pick, they should trade it for four offensive linemen," he said Wednesday. "They are so bad up front. I believe in (Ben) Roethlisberger. I believe you put the pieces around Roethlisberger."
    There were several other players like Parker who is probably a 1st round prospect. Just because Colbert goes to the game doesn't mean they are thinking of taking a QB. You just assume that. There are several other reasons why they were there none of them could be them wanting to trade Ben and drafting Bridgewater. Maybe they are wanting to trade down and want to see if Bridgewater is the type of QB who will be sought after highly in the draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    This is taken directly from your article:

There were several other players like Parker who is probably a 1st round prospect. Just because Colbert goes to the game doesn't mean they are thinking of taking a QB. You just assume that. There are several other reasons why they were there none of them could be them wanting to trade Ben and drafting Bridgewater. Maybe they are wanting to trade down and want to see if Bridgewater is the type of QB who will be sought after highly in the draft?
    I believe the Steelers have far too many holes to build around Ben. By the time that is achieved I believe Ben is no any longer a franchise QB. He's 32 next season. And his 32 is a lot older than most 32 year old QB's.

I keep saying it over and over and over. No one is listening. This time next year, this team is going to be worse. The cap problem ahead is by far the teams worst ever. Hard to build around Ben when there are far more holes coming due to cuts that will have to be made.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I believe the Steelers have far too many holes to build around Ben. By the time that is achieved I believe Ben is no any longer a franchise QB. He's 32 next season. And his 32 is a lot older than most 32 year old QB's.

I keep saying it over and over and over. No one is listening. This time next year, this team is going to be worse. The cap problem ahead is by far the teams worst ever. Hard to build around Ben when there are far more holes coming due to cuts that will have to be made.
    Cap hell will be over after next year. Trading Ben, adding an extra burden to the salary cap, and starting an unproven commodity is not really the best way to build the roster, IMO...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cap hell will be over after next year. Trading Ben, adding an extra burden to the salary cap, and starting an unproven commodity is not really the best way to build the roster, IMO...
    Dub's trade scenario reminds me of Al Bundy when they won a bunch of money and he went out and bought a bunch of scratch off tickets.

Why would you trade away a franchise QB hoping to fill all your holes with draft picks AND having to replace the QB? Might as well keep the QB, tough it out and hope a few picks pan out.

Backup

User Info Menu

The reason no one is listening is because your "belief" has nothing to do with reality. You can believe whatever you want. Fact is that nobody knows why Colbert and 28 other teams were there. Many of which couldn't possible be in contention to get Bridgewater. You don't know what they are going to do with the cap. Again just your speculation. Not reality or fact.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ok tell us how the current holes, plus the ones that will be created this off season (due to the cap), will be resolved. You pretty much have only the draft to do this. Tell us how it is going to be done. Please.....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ok tell us how the current holes, plus the ones that will be created this off season (due to the cap), will be resolved. You pretty much have only the draft to do this. Tell us how it is going to be done. Please.....
    Read again:

Cap hell will be OVER after this year...

Legend

User Info Menu

The reason we have holes is we haven't drafted well recently. So how are more picks gonna help us? I don't see the logic. Sending Ben away is just gonna make us that much worse.

For your story to play out and have any possibility of working, I'd want Colbert and Tomlin and the whole coaching staff except Lake to leave with Ben. Then we might have a chance at drafting better and coaching up our draft picks.

Otherwise we lose Ben and likely don't get equal value in return. Draft picks are always a gamble.